View Single Post
Old 01-21-2018, 01:50 PM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mech View Post
On the impeller, all 4 blades look like that. Yes, I have a friend with a trans shop who builds drive lines. He has a balancer. He can do combine choppers too John! Actually, he was one of the first guys to balance a chopper!
Years ago I was researching choppers and found some shop in the Midwest area that was doing it. Called and talked to the guy, nice fellow. Claimed to be one of the first to do such. Never sent mine, just lived with it no more than I was using it--it wasn't horrible but it could have used some help. The only shop I knew of here that built drivelines couldn't balance my chopper.

So what HP engine is on that machine? I'll guess 8 at the most. I assume you'll tune it up and get it running. Just wondering how hard those older air cooled ROPE START machines are to crank in freezing weather. I actually had a NOS Briggs 110V starter kit. Don't ask how it wound up this far south. Had everybody here scratching their head WHY such a thing existed. Took a Yankee to educate us on that one!
124 w/hydraulic lift
782 w/mounted sprayer
2284 w/54" mowing deck