View Single Post
Old 01-20-2018, 11:47 PM
Banned

Default 268 Snowblower: Fixer up!

I looked back through my started threads..... can't see where I ever had a thread on this. Back in August, I made a trip to see my brother (sirlancelot). While I was out there I met up with Tim (Olds) and picked up a couple 268 snowblowers. (Thanks again Tim!) One for Lance, and one for me. Brought mine back home and put it in the shed. Well.... I'm like any other guy and didn't bother to get it out to work on it until after the snow is melting, but I guess better late than never, right? I had some plans that got canceled for today, so I thought why not work on it. Drug it out and down to the shop and dug in. Need some parts for it, and of course they are NLA. I've got my "feelers" out, but if nothing turns up, I'm sure I can fab an alternative.

Basically, all I did today was put the handles back on, hook up all the controls, and lubricate the trans parts. Took the blower housing off, and pulled the impeller and augers out so I can repair where it's cracked, and fix the impeller. Don't know what the last guy who ran it fed into it, but looks like chunks of ice. (No, it wasn't Tim, lol.) I'll fix the impeller and have it balanced. I balanced the impeller on my 450 blower after the same repair, and I couldn't believe how much smoother it ran. Worth it. Have to fix that cutting edge too! You think the wear edge is bad, you should see the back side. Going to take some time to fix it.

No, I haven't even looked at the engine. At the moment, it does not run, but I don't think there is anything major wrong with it. Even if there is, I'll find another engine for it. Figured I'd repair the chassis first. Engine is NBD.

Here's the pix, just so you can see what I'm seeing.

1.1.jpg2.2.jpg
3.3.jpg4.4.jpg

20180120_171101.jpg20180120_171054.jpg
20180120_171023.jpg