View Single Post
Old 10-21-2014, 08:24 PM

Wow guys! Thanks for all the replies! I feel special! LOL

So here is how it went.. oddly..

I go out and get ready to to do my major carb cleaning with all the suggestions! I walk out, decide I will at least try to start it one more time and let it run before I take it apart and then mess something up so it may never run again..

So I pull the choke and turn it over.. Starts up after a few cranks.. let it sit there.. after about 10 seconds on choke. It starts to spit and sputter and act like it wants to die.. Naturally, I decided to push the choke down.. then instantly it starts running fine! A cloud of white smoke came out for a few seconds and then all dissipated..
So oddly enough it's running normal again.. Dunno, what all the white smoke was about, but happy its running..
It did start ticking loud, on later examination, I found out it was the exhaust rocker on the left cylinder is too much free play. I'll fix it later..

Would you guys still suggest putting some kinda cleaner in the fuel take? If so what would you suggest?

Also, yes, it has a newer air filter, green foam filter and 2 Champion spark plugs that look decent.. (low carbon buildup)