Thread: XT2 ? any good?
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2018, 03:45 PM

[QUOTE=Jeff in Pa;457046]One of the guys on another forum asked me about the XT2

Any suggestions? I'm a NF guy myself

Consider a new XT3 (which I own) or possibly the only XT2 GX54" D Garden Tractor offering that is labeled as a "Garden Tractor" with the K62 tranny with differential lock. I wouldn't even think of anything else in the XT1 or XT2 line due to the transmissions unless it's for mowing, lawn sweeping or light blade work on snow etc.

If you go with an XT3 or XT2, they are dealer only so they are not box store junk. They are both built to a higher standard in many areas. I've looked at all of them and believe me there is a difference. Especially when comparing the XT3 to the XT2 or XT1 line. The XT3 is much more beefy in the driveline, steering, etc.

Below are some specs on the top end XT2 GX54" D Garden Tractor . The XT3 Garden Tractor gets you a shaft drive, cast iron tranny for $3,999 and up to $4,900 with power steering, diff lock and larger axle (30mm as opposed to 25mm). I have the larger XT3 and really like it so far. I think Cub also offers zero percent financing now.

XT2:
$3,599.00

New FastAttachâ„¢ brush guard
54" heavy-duty fabricated, triple-blade cutting deck
Ground-engaging attachment capabilities
Equipped with differential lock control for increased traction