Thread: Debate this
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2018, 06:22 PM
Grand Member

Default Debate this

Found this post on a boating forum that I participate in. There was a thread in the general discussion "Dockside Chat" sub forum regarding what lawn mower to buy. I, of course, posted a pic of my 108. Another participant posted this. Found it interesting. Thoughts?

"If you can find one, the best riding mower ever built was a Simplicity Sovereign. It was not just a mower, it was a true lawn and garden tractor and you could get a whole slew of implements for it from a single bottom plow to a snowblower and everything in between. There just happens to be a special edition one for sale on ebay right now.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1997-SIMPLI...8AAOSwdjdaL-ya

It's worth every penny. I believe it is what launched the entire compact tractor industry in the US. These things are built tough. I used one as a log skidder for many years and can;t tell you the abuse I put it through. No cheap stamped steel here, everything is thick, welded plate and cast iron. Heavy duty Hydrostatic trans with oil cooler, horzontal shaft engine with direct drive PTO. PTO clutch. driveshaft on front for accesory takeoff, class 0 3 pt. hitch. "