View Single Post
Old 08-28-2011, 11:31 AM

I agree Luke that it is a good idea to have a spot to post plans & blueprints if one wishes to do so for everyone to see at will. I also agree that the members of our forum are geniuses and its great to see what they have dreamed up for their machines to make things better or fill a gap that the company didn't fill from the beginning. That being said, many of the members may have circumvented the need for this section with the ability to private message (PM) each other with the option at the top right of each page when they see something that another member has dreamed up that they wish to adapt to their situation. Shoot of a PM to the originating member and get the info that you desire in return. Bing, bang, boom. Done. Easy as that.

You may have noticed that this group of folks is a tighter-knit group than many other forums on the web regardless of what topic they cover. I have wondered numerous times if the PM option, given how much its used, has added to this dynamic. There is more communication between members than most other forums which goes on to help in other aspects, such as more specific info on a certain part or situation, a more involved explanation, more pictures (man we love our pictures!!), outside vendors for service, etc. You also see most guys PM'ing plans & blueprints back & forth when they see something they want to add to their machine.

Again, I do think it would be a good idea to add a section to the forum for members to post plan & blueprints for anyone to see whenever they want to. Unfortunately this need may have been negated by the use of a more general purpose tool on the forum.
'65 100 - #126432

Options: V61's, 8.5" Tru-Powers, stock sleeve hitch, Xtreme sleeve hitch adapter
Attachments: Dad's 42" Dozer Blade & 38" 3-spindle deck, 42U deck, Homemade Sleeve Hitch Dethatcher & a QA36A Snowthrower
Mods: K301 Upgrade, IHinIN's clutch pivot upgrade, SST driveshaft, custom bar axles

"Why buy something shiny & new when you can save something old."