View Single Post
Old 01-14-2021, 04:00 PM

I feel like I made some progress since the noon report yesterday.

I cut and fit the side plates and drilled a LOT of holes. Probably over fifty bolts and each through two layers. The whole frame will be held on by grade eight equivalent 8 millimeter bolts (basically 5/16"). I want to spread the holding force over a large frame area and I happen to have a box of one hundred bolts a buddy gave me.

The baffle to direct tank flow is shown sitting on the tank and in the tank. The hole on the frontside is the suction. The oil will be returned to the right side mast tube. It will come down the 2X4" tube and open into a 4X4" area which will allow deceleration and any air bubbles to start floating up. Then it flows along the backside of the tube, around the end where any bubbles can now float to the top of the left mast tube, where there is a vent. Then back along the front of the tube to the suction. The return bung got a deflector to help the oil get its downward flow, rather than smashing right into the opposite side, creating turbulence. The clean out and drain bungs also got welded in.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2217.jpg (21.3 KB, 497 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2209.jpg (18.5 KB, 500 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2211.jpg (16.8 KB, 496 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2210.jpg (15.5 KB, 502 views)