View Single Post
Old 12-31-2017, 09:27 PM

The lift rod would have been part of the snowblower package. There should also have been a bracket that attaches it to the hydraulic cylinder and rockshaft.

i'm not super familiar with it, but I think there's some "float" built into the cylinder/attachment that would allow it to retract all the way in (or mostly all the way in), while the rock shaft is against the stop that Jeff very helpfully highlighted, which will keep it from going further down.

As for lift rods, there are two different sizes that I'm aware of, one for narrow frame cubs (1x6/1x7 series and earlier) and one for wide frame cubs. The wide frame one is a little bit shorter than the narrow frame one IIRC. So if you have the wide frame lift rod on a narrow frame, it probably won't go all the way down.

I don't think there was any weird package for attaching the blower to hydraulic lift cubs, but the manual does mention a hydraulic bracket which I think is the same as the standard bracket just trimmed down a bit. There isn't a separate one called for in the parts manual anywhere that I can see.