View Single Post
Old 04-05-2019, 11:50 PM

I'm in Illinois. PA too far. thanks anyway. I see a Deere spec 321 on CL all reassembled but fragments of busted rod removed...
last year I had "WANTED" ads around for a K321 or 341 out of a Cub, got a phone call out of the blue from some yahoo in California thinking I'd jump at a claimed "low hour" engine, sight unseen for $700 + shipping. Can buy any of, at least half of the wide frame or QL tractors I see advertised for sale with engine AND the rest of a tractor attached for that around here--- and no shipping.... the guy who had the bare block for $150 had the crank for like $80, the head for so much, the carb separate, etc.... nutz.
I tried to get $125 as a complete roller minus engine, for the 1650, no bites. the hydro components would cost me more to buy if I wanted to.... so it gets further cannibalized. I got the 1650 that way (roller, no engine) originally.
It was a roller, but isn't at present, wheels and tires robbed for other machines since.

just came in from looking the job over again, comparing this and that, look at 1 machine and then the other, looking at space considerations within the tower. Gonna be tight with the 129 style shifter and PTO engagement, but it looks doable.
the 1650 tower is like swiss cheese, has a bunch of extra holes (it looks like) randomly drilled below the dash, suppose I could weld them up with my MIG....
the parts 129 the left side of the tower looks like someone hammered it out from the inside, all beat up.... the tower on the one I want to put together, looks like the best shape. scoping out "this" hole on the 129 tower to "that" hole on the 1650..... gonna search for some pics of the innards of the tower on a 169, and see how it all fits together.
one of these days, I will smarten up computer wise, and figure out how to get pix onto a forum. Any forum. I'm a whole lot better with mechanical things.