View Single Post
Old 01-14-2022, 09:21 AM

Default Milwaukee Tool going to crap

I have been buying Milwaukee M18 tools for a decade and I have pretty happy with them. Their hydraulic 1/4 impact driver is really great. Now they seem to be going down hill. I bought a 7 1/4 circular saw. 2830 worm drive copy. What I piece of crap. The blade and the shoe are not parallel. Over .020 off measuring from the front to the back of the blade. I could not figure out why I was having so much trouble cutting against a straight edge. I had the saw serviced by Milwaukee and they did not fix the problem at all. I did get some nice scratches in the blade guard however. Plus they must have tightened the blade bolt with an air hammer. So another trip to have it repaired.
While it was in the shop I got a 6 1/2 saw, 2730. The blade is within .002 parallel. However it is impossible to get the blade to 90 degrees. The rear stop is not adjustable and it prevents the saw from getting to 90. I ended up fixing this by taking the shoe off and hammering the tang a little.
Amazing, no quality control and poor service. I might just as well buy all my tools from Harbor Freight, at least I get what I pay for.
54" Deck
451 Snow Blower
42" Plow