View Single Post
Old 09-21-2021, 09:41 AM
Administrator

Default Coil

Quote:
Originally Posted by js4169 View Post
I’ve run into a big problem with my Zero Turn RZT SX 42. Purchased in May of 2018 and it’s been flawless until 3 weeks ago. While riding thru the yard with the PTO (blades) off, the mower just plain stalled. I had been riding around that morning and all was fine.
After checking gas and oil, I hit the ignition button to restart. It turned over fine but no ignition. The battery is fairly new and fully charged.
Being fuel injected and the location where the mower stalled on my property, I bit the bullet and called the dealer. They picked it up and after a few days, they determined there was no spark and after phone discussion with cub cadet service pro’s, they felt the ignition coil was the problem. Of course, this twin cylinder engine has two coils, one for each injector. They told me they have to replace them both as they work in conjunction with each other (sounds like BS to me).
Those coils are ridiculously priced at over 100.00 each and here’s the kicker…they can’t get any before Oct 26th at the earliest!
This time of year, I need that mower. Does anybody know of an aftermarket ignition coil that would be compatible? I’ve been looking with no luck.
Mower Model# - 17RWCBYS010
Serial# - 1A238H10264
Ignition Coil # 951-15387

Go to Messicks, buy the coil, they will ship today, give it to your dealer and be happy. ;-)

https://www.messicks.com/part/951-15...nition-coil-as