View Single Post
Old 01-23-2019, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urthrocker15 View Post
Thanks so much for that assessment!
I just talked to my father in law about the shifting issue. He said it DOES shift into forward. I misunderstood what he was telling me. He said he had some issue shifting into forward gear until he put it into reverse gear and then back into forward. Apparently he was using the tractor like this for a while. I don’t know what that means, if it’s a hydraulic thing or what, but the tractor is operating.

Having said that, I am not interested in parting it out or hanging onto it in anyway. I want to get it into someone’s hands that will know what to do with it. That’s why I’m ok with a best offer.

Thanks again, if you know what that shifting issue might be, if appreciate an idea!
Well it's a hydro so it doesn't really have "gears". It's probably a linkage or trunion issue. Neither of which are major. A few hours and 20 bucks worth of parts will likely fix anything wrong with it, but that's just a guess without looking at it.

I'd put it up on CL or FB marketplace and ask 900 for it all. Someone might buy it up at that price, but that's a reasonable starting place to negotiate from as well.