View Single Post
Old 05-15-2019, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman View Post
I am pretty sure that the compression release is derived by way of a small bump in the grind of the exhaust valve. If you have the plugs out and the valve covers off, turning the engine slowly by hand back and forth, and pressing down on the exhaust rocker arm, just around the the TDC area of each cylinder you should be able to feel it. It is so slight you probably can't see it. If that seems good you might want to revisit the starter.

Here is a link to same problem on another venue that might be helpful.. Be sure to read to end (2 pages).
https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...n-release.html
I thought the compression release had to be an "extra" lobe on the cam. It seems to me this wouldn't be so susceptible to wear that it wears that lobe down.

Thankfully we have a place locally that rebuilds starters. I think I will take it back off and get their opinion....but by the looks of the starter internals its time for it to get some attention anyhow.

As soon as I have an update on the starter I will post it. I bet they are 4-5 days out on the repair from when I bring it in.