View Single Post
Old 08-22-2018, 03:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
I might be new to your special forum, but I articulated my questions with specificity.
The only specific question you asked is:
Quote:
Is there a norm for head milling to run on 93? Carb jets to match?
The answer is emphatically no. Yes, you can mill the heads. Yes, you can port and polish the valve ports. Yes, you can drill the carb jet and give it more fuel. NO, IT WILL NOT GAIN ENOUGH COMPRESSION TO RUN 93. Will it gain power. Yes. Very little. There is basically nothing available to get what you desire. The K series Kohlers are one of the most popular engines to build up. Even those need major, major work to get high enough compression to see gains from higher octane fuels. But you don't have a K series.

Even if you got the compression up enough to justify the fuel, not you have a fixed timing engine. You would have to either figure out a way to change the mounting of the magneto, or figure out how many degrees you need to go up, and make an offset key. Or, convert to crank trigger ignion. Then, where do you mount the trigger? Most are set up to mount to the PTO end, which your tractor has a PTO mounted.... so that's out.

Wasting your time....