Thread: Linkage issue?
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2018, 10:21 AM

Default Linkage issue?

Hi all,

I’ve ran into a few things that me scratching my head with my 1450. I’ve tried browsing through the manuals but I’m thinking I am trying to track down an answer while weeding through someone’s handy work. Having a lack of experience with these machines I’m hooping that a few sets of seasoned eyes will be able to tell me where to start with my issue.

When I first bought the machine the choke had to be pulled in order to have in the off/open position (linkage installed wrong) I went to fix linkage, noticed a lack of air filter/housing and the tab on the carb appeared to be backwards. Must be an aftermarket carb so I cut and made a makeshift choke tab for the carb. I bought a used air filter housing for a quietline and installed. Now that this is installed and my choke is working properly the filter housing pinches the linkage, so my choke and throttle cables are rendered useless… something isn’t right.

A few questions:
  1. Does something look out of place with my linkage?
  2. Is there a proper source for aftermarket carbs? I found the Cub part number is KH-47-853-20 but when looking online pics vary with the aftermarket units, not having an OEM one makes it hard for me to know which to get or if a new one is needed.
  3. I didn’t see in the manual but a spacer between the carb and the filter housing would solve my issue but I think would present an issue with the side panels fitting on.
  4. Somewhat related question do all these tractors have two dipsticks? Or is that just some more cobbling done by previous owner?
And….. more importantly than all my rambling. here are some pics.