Only Cub Cadets

Only Cub Cadets (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/index.php)
-   IH Cub Cadet Tractors (GT) (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   My Grandfather's 100 (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/showthread.php?t=47965)

olds45512 03-27-2017 09:05 AM

My Grandfather's 100

4 Attachment(s)
I know lately I've been more of a project starter than a project finisher, to be honest I'm a little burned out on cubs and have been focusing on RC racing with my son, hopefully this project will help light the fire again. It's been widely known in the family that when my grandfather passed I wanted the cub, luckily he is still with us and in great health but he no longer has a need for it since he moved from the country to town. I'm very excited about this project because he will be able to see it when it's finished, i think it will be very rewarding to see his face when he takes it for a spin once it's all shined up. As you can see from the pics the 100 has had a rough life, it's always had the plow on it and has moved a mountain of dirt and gravel over the years. The only things I plan to add are fenders and spring assist, and I'm planning to repair the frame and hood instead of replacing them.

OldSkull 03-27-2017 09:23 AM

Good call for the hood and frame, this is a "Keeper" project, take a picture of your grand dad face looking at his "use to be" cub when it's finish! No word can describe this moment, It's pure gold! Have fun Tim. :beerchug:

farmall fred 03-27-2017 09:41 AM

Good to see you restoring your grandfathers tractor. The hood mod does not suprise me as the steering wheel clearance was almost non existant without the grill getting used as a push bar. I will subscribe to this thread as the 100 is one of my favorites. I really like mine as it was the first Cub Cadet I restored and it still is a worker.
Good luck with your project.
Tom

Dirty Steve 03-27-2017 10:24 AM

Looks like a great project. Pictures. Lots of pictures!

darkminion_17 03-27-2017 10:26 AM

That is a good thing to do for your Grandfather, How long do you think it will take?
I know a guy who has a hood and a frame...:biggrin2:

olds45512 03-27-2017 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkminion_17 (Post 413622)
That is a good thing to do for your Grandfather, How long do you think it will take?
I know a guy who has a hood and a frame...:biggrin2:

What I need is a guy willing to cut off the tunnel cover and send it to me, I'd like to keep as many of the original parts as possible. I have a junk hood sitting here that I'm going to cut up to repair the original.

darkminion_17 03-27-2017 10:42 AM

That would be easy, too bad you did not need one a month ago as I sent a cut up frame to the scrapper with the tunnel still on it.
I would think any gear drive NF cub one would work for you, you would have to make it shorter though....

olds45512 03-27-2017 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkminion_17 (Post 413626)
That would be easy, too bad you did not need one a month ago as I sent a cut up frame to the scrapper with the tunnel still on it.
I would think any gear drive NF cub one would work for you, you would have to make it shorter though....

I'm getting fenders from Deltacub and I think she's parting out a couple so hopefully I can get it from her.

ACecil 03-27-2017 03:21 PM

Glad you got your grandfather's 100. It will always be a special cub to you.

Terry C 03-27-2017 03:30 PM

Cool project! Looks like grandpa liked plenty of cushion on the seat :biggrin2: