Only Cub Cadets

Only Cub Cadets (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/index.php)
-   Prayer room (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Big Changes (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/showthread.php?t=41129)

freedhardwoods 10-05-2015 05:50 PM

Big Changes

I hope this is the right place to put this. I haven't been on any forums much lately because of everything going on.

I had been looking at a new venture, but had decided against it for several reasons. Then a couple weeks ago, I got my life straightened out with God. I felt that I was supposed to pursue that venture and when I did, some of the things that held me back started falling in place.

Next week is my last week at the place I've worked for 6 years. One week ago I brought home what I truly believe God guided me to get for this next job. 2015 Dodge 3500 crew cab, dual wheel, 4x4, Cummins, with goose neck and bumper hitch. There are some features on that pickup that I didn't think were necessary, but have since found that they could be needed on some loads. God Knows what we need whether we do or not.

Right now,I don't know where my first load is coming from, and that is a little scary after buying that pickup and quitting my job (this is my last week). I have always held a tight control on my life and work, and I know that is why I've always had trouble staying right with God. I firmly believe He guided me to do this to learn how to trust Him.

I have only taken a half dozen Sundays off in the last 3 or 4 years. From now on, I'm not working any Sundays and I'll be going to church.

After saying all that, there is more going on that is making us trust God even more. My wife found out that she has cancer again (3rd time). They caught it very early and are very positive about treatments knocking it down, but as several of you know, it isn't something that anyone wants to go through. Don't know when her first treatment is yet.

My wife seems to be handling all this better than me. I'm alternating between scared and numb, but still trying to support her as much as I can.

twoton 10-05-2015 06:37 PM

Good luck to you in your new venture. And god bless your wife during her difficult time.

bocephus1991 10-05-2015 09:20 PM

Good luck in your new career and prayers to you, your wife and family!

freedhardwoods 10-06-2015 03:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twoton (Post 347770)
Good luck to you in your new venture. And god bless your wife during her difficult time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bocephus1991 (Post 347790)
Good luck in your new career and prayers to you, your wife and family!

Thanks.............

jimbob200521 10-06-2015 09:14 AM

Best wishes to you and yours for your new venture as well as your wife. Things happen for a reason, whether we know it or not :beerchug:

freedhardwoods 10-06-2015 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbob200521 (Post 347827)
Best wishes to you and yours for your new venture as well as your wife. Things happen for a reason, whether we know it or not :beerchug:

Thanks........

Sam Mac 10-06-2015 11:22 AM

Hope what ever your new endeavor is works out for you.

freedhardwoods 10-06-2015 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Mac (Post 347833)
Hope what ever your new endeavor is works out for you.

Thanks..........

ACecil 10-06-2015 01:02 PM

Good luck! Thoughts and prayers for you and your wife!

Cub Cadet 123 10-07-2015 08:28 PM

Sounds like you have taken a giant leap of faith, in more ways than one. If you are following a dream then go where ever it may lead and may great things come your way.....and they will. Don't worry about going to church every Sunday. After all, who is doing God's work more the one who is in church all of the time or the one who is helping others out in the community and working on Sunday isn't a sin either, every pastor/reverend does it! The best place to hold church service is in your heart, not in a building.

I will keep your wife, you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. News like what your family has received is hard to take, no matter how many times you have BTDT. It sounds like you are on the right track with turning your life around and the difference will be more noticeable to others than to you. When life hands you more than you can stand, try kneeling!

Cub Cadet 123