Only Cub Cadets

Only Cub Cadets (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/index.php)
-   Restoration Tips (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   How much paint for a 1450 (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/showthread.php?t=51993)

sholen 04-30-2018 11:10 PM

How much paint for a 1450

The short: 1450 restoration

Details:
Bare metal restoration via soda or silica sand.

Questions:
1) How much paint do I need to paint a 1450 wide frame including rims and 44” mower deck ?
2) Case IH paint most likely order from one of the Cub club sponsors, due to my geographical location and availability I.e., non existent
-Federal Yellow 991084R2LF
-935 White 991116R1
-off hand SN# is in the 50000’s somewhere (for your references)
3) This is a “for use” restoration, I.e., I’m goanna drive it verse show, except 4th of July parade.
4) I’m not willing to cut corners . . .I want to do it once, do it well and move on.
5) I don’t paint professionally.

Primer, hardener/reducer questions most likely to follow.

The long:
I spent the day on the phone tracking down paint form Case International dealers from Washington State to Ohio. No one will ship to me here in state of MT. or out if they have it, and I have to order 6 quarts of each color if not in stock. In state I’m an 8hr drive one way to paint that has been on the shelf the past 11 years. I would like Case International paint because the numbers reference well for me via phone or Internet order.
I.e., meaning I feel confident that I know what I’m going to get…not to mention the durability, quality, ease of use and the luck had by others in the previous restoration parts of this form.

Im a new member and looking forward to interacting with you all here on this forum.
much obliged

olds45512 05-01-2018 08:49 PM

You will need a gallon of yellow and a gallon of white, don't buy it by the quart because you will pay far more than you would for gallons. I can get you the Case/IH paint through work and we ship daily so if you'd like i can get you some pricing.`I paint cars and tractors professionally and would be happy to help you out with any info you need.

sholen 05-01-2018 09:37 PM

Tim, That would be most fantastic and much appreciated. Thank You!

zippy1 05-01-2018 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by olds45512 (Post 452474)
You will need a gallon of yellow and a gallon of white, don't buy it by the quart because you will pay far more than you would for gallons. I can get you the Case/IH paint through work and we ship daily so if you'd like i can get you some pricing.`I paint cars and tractors professionally and would be happy to help you out with any info you need.

What Tim said on the quantity of paint.:beerchug:
Thata boy Tim. Big :IH Trusted Hand:

AL Farmall Boy 01-03-2019 11:35 AM

Sounds like you're covered, but next time keep this in mind. I am in Alabama and I use Johnson Tractor in Juda, WI. They are a Case/IH dealer and (the Famous) Mr. Ken Updike is the parts manager. Anytime I order parts from a dealer, order paint, or have a parts question....he is the only one I call. He can take my order in under 3 minutes, and have it shipped to me same day. They typically have anything I need in stock for the Cub tractors and smaller Farmalls, where the Case/IH "dealer" 2 hours away in Alabama doesn't really know what a Farmall is unless it is a 2014 "Farmall".

dodge trucker 04-22-2019 09:50 PM

The next one I do, I am going to get my paint from the auto body supply house, will use a single stage enamel.

gsomersjr 04-23-2019 03:35 PM

I would recommend stopping by your local auto parts store (not the discount fuzzy dice guys) and have it mixed. Higher quality paint, free advice, and no shipping charges.

dodge trucker 04-23-2019 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gsomersjr (Post 481308)
I would recommend stopping by your local auto parts store (not the discount fuzzy dice guys) and have it mixed. Higher quality paint, free advice, and no shipping charges.

Yup. I agree.

I do not know why but I seem to be the only member here that has had trouble with Case Iron Gard, but I have and WILL NOT use it again, because of those problems. .