Only Cub Cadets

Only Cub Cadets (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/index.php)
-   Connection Problems (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Unsecure site (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/showthread.php?t=57411)

weedhopr 07-18-2020 08:42 AM

Unsecure site

I have never had any issues using this forum, until today.
When I first went to the site, I get a page telling me this is an unsafe site, and that it uses outdated security. I have to click the "advanced" tab, and select the option that I want to view the site anyway.
I get this page many times when I change to different areas within the site also. The address bar at the top of the browser shows "not secure" in red letters.
I'm using Windows 10, with the default browser.(internet explorer)
My computer updated 2 or 3 days ago. I haven't had this issue after the update, until this morning.

ol'George 07-18-2020 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weedhopr (Post 499380)
When I first went to the site, I get a page telling me this is an unsafe site, and that it uses outdated security. I have to click the "advanced" tab, and select the option that I want to view the site anyway.
I get this page many times when I change to different areas within the site also. The address bar at the top of the browser shows "not secure" in red letters.
My computer updated 2 or 3 days ago. I haven't had this issue after the update, until this morning.

I don't get it here on OCC but it does say unsecured in the browser, I've noticed that for a long time.
I have been getting the warning on other sites since the latest update.
I use google rusty chrome :biggrin2:

R Bedell 07-18-2020 09:53 AM

We are soon to update to a new form of VBulletin.

I don't get that error here, but experience it on numerous other sites I visit. I am using the new Web Browser "Brave" and thinking it maybe that. In some cases I go back to using FireFox.

Sam Mac 07-20-2020 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weedhopr (Post 499380)

Same for me except I'm using Chrome and Kaspersky.

Shrewcub 07-20-2020 02:31 PM

I'm getting it on Chrome today. I think it due to an update with Chrome.

ol'George 07-21-2020 08:12 AM

Well Google is getting serious about not letting me use this site.
I have to click 3 maybe 4 times, with them saying it's not being safe, not only to read each and every post, but to answer and post, then it tells me I posted something.
If it's unsafe maybe yall done went to town and got one of them communicable
diseases :bigthink:
'pose them ruskies hacked it, or maybe CHI--naaaaw?:angry:

R Bedell 07-21-2020 08:24 AM

We had an update that was schedule back in the Spring then this Virus BS started. Our Server Guy had to "cope" with all his sites, that he services.

I have emailed him to see if he can re-new our request for the update(s).

Steve N Mi 07-22-2020 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ol'George (Post 499472)
Well Google is getting serious about not letting me use this site.
I have to click 3 maybe 4 times, with them saying it's not being safe, not only to read each and every post, but to answer and post, then it tells me I posted something.
If it's unsafe maybe yall done went to town and got one of them communicable
diseases :bigthink:
'pose them ruskies hacked it, or maybe CHI--naaaaw?:angry:

About the same for me.

ol'George 07-23-2020 08:25 AM

Update on the un sea cure situation.
I surfed about this site on one of my dinosaur computers, and luck would have it, I have no problems on OCC with a machine running windows 7 with rusty chrome as a browser.
I have to try another, that is using XP, but I anticipate the same no problem results.
So me figgers just like the machines of old,that we like so much, so follows OCC.
New and better is not necessarily so, as some would like us to believe. :beerchug:

old fart 07-25-2020 04:47 PM

trend micro +google here and have to reload every page to override the unsafeness.