Only Cub Cadets

Only Cub Cadets (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/index.php)
-   Implements and Attachments (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Rear 3-point Snow Blower (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/showthread.php?t=58134)

Cub Cadet 123 01-06-2021 08:58 PM

Rear 3-point Snow Blower

1 Attachment(s)
I have seen rear snow blowers for larger tractors, but not for these cubs. To me, it seems like it would be hard to direct while steering your tractor. I guess you would just aim it and drive straight back?! Still, it seems like it would be a challenge to operate. Well, it is for sale at a location that is not to far from me, if anyone is interested:

https://dayton.craigslist.org/grd/d/...255310595.html

Cub Cadet 123

Mike McKown 01-07-2021 05:56 AM

The chute looks like it's adjustable.

Seems like a rear mounted blower would be hard on my neck.

bugeye 01-07-2021 07:50 AM

Well, with all the weight hanging off the back, traction should be good. I like the side extensions. If I recall correctly, I paid about $1200 for the 45" Cub Cadet snow blower (new) in 1994. My neck would never tolerate a rear looking position.

ol'George 01-07-2021 07:52 AM

If a man was meant to to look behind himself while working,
the Good Lord would have provided 360 degree vision.
--------- Man did invent a back up camera.
I do know a rear mounted snow blower is just asking for trouble like ingesting objects other than the intended snow.

Small children, pets and their food/water, toys, forgotten items like see-ment blocks, bricks, wooden chocks, a lug wrench, well you get the idea.

As far as a sore neck, did you ever moldboard plow a field of corn stocks with a multiple bottom plow and continually look back to see if they are plugging up?
One gets a very sore neck/shoulder at the end of the day.
Same goes for bailing hay with an IH #45 bailer that decides to not tie the knots on one side or the other,------------------
it does make for an interesting day, and increases ones vocabulary of inventive swear words.

Best to not have snow at all, or watch someone else do the removal from a warm lazy-boy, while sipping ones favorite beverage,
while the little woman watches the Hallmark channel.

Second best is to have the snow removal equipment mounted in the front. :biggrin2:

rwairforce 01-07-2021 09:06 AM

Ditto on all the above!

Radioguy41 01-07-2021 09:26 AM

Since that snowblower is shaft driven are there a lot of Cub Cadets out there with a rear PTO shaft?

Mike McKown 01-07-2021 09:53 AM

Just the real expensive ones.

R Bedell 01-07-2021 10:09 AM

Never liked the idea of looking over my shoulder to do tasks like that.

:banned:

kalebevans 01-07-2021 01:43 PM

I've run almost identical blowers on the front and back of very similar sized tractors, and each have their perks. Obviously a long day of moving snow is miserable with the rear blower because of crick in your neck, and rear mounted blowers are much cheaper. Those things alone will make the decision for lots of people.

However, if you're using the rear mount blower and you're in a turn, the front wheel on the outside just crawls up over the unblown snow and the pivot point in the center of the front axle just does its job, leaving the blower flat on the ground and clearing the whole swath. When you've got a front mounted blower and you're in a turn, the rear wheel on the inside climbs the snow and tilts the whole tractor to one side. That in turn tilts the blower, and snow is frustratingly left behind. If the blower were somewhat wider than the tractor's rear wheels and you didn't turn very sharp you wouldn't have the problem, but it seems like most blower/tractor pairs I've seen are about the same width. If you have curves in your drive, you don't want to spend a lot of money, and you won't be working for several hours at a time, then the rear mount is a great machine. With large areas to clear that will take hours on end, and you don't mind spending more, then the front mount is the way to go. I do like the hydraulic chute angle on the front mount one I use though; that's much better than cranking it around by hand behind you while steering backwards...

MSS7120 01-13-2021 11:27 AM

Looks like a blower for a 3000 series that has been cut welded and repainted. Looks like they fabed up a 3pt hitch and masked off the CC logos. Then hit everything with black paint to cover up the rust. Don't know how they are driving the blower at the proper speed. 540rpm rear pto is not fast enough to do a good job. And they are asking 1200$. just a few weeks ago I bought the same blower with a 3185 and sims cab for 1000$..