Only Cub Cadets

Only Cub Cadets (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/index.php)
-   Kohler Engines (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   CV730S advice (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/showthread.php?t=60099)

maxnpj 06-09-2022 10:24 AM

CV730S advice

I put a CV730S into my LT1042, which previously had a CV491S. I added a net-new choke cable and also installed a longer throttle cable but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to route these cables and where they are to be connected. In general, I know which lever (on the front of the engine) to connect the choke cable to and which lever to connect the throttle cable to, but what I do not know is, does the choke cable come from the dash and around the left side (from the seat perspective) of the engine and into the lower portion of the choke lever? or the higher position on the choke lever? Same for the throttle cable...does it route around the right side of the engine (from the seat perspective) and connect to the throttle lever on the higher part of the lever? or the lower part? It's driving me bananas that I can't find any documentation for this.

If you choose to respond, please explain it to me like I'm five years old. I can follow instructions, but this is not my area of expertise, it's not even my area of "intermediate experience"...I'm just a guy who dorked the original engine, learned (an expensive) lesson, and is trying desperately to not buy a new lawn tractor.

R Bedell 06-09-2022 10:56 AM

First, welcome to OCC........ :Welcome2:

It is impossible to vision what you are talking about, without any pictures.

Generally speaking, ....IF..... your cables are long enough, re-routing is most likely your solution.

If re-routing is not possible, either auxiliary linkages or longer cables may have to be sought.

maxnpj 06-09-2022 07:40 PM

Pictures.....

5 Attachment(s)
I've attached some picture that may make things more clear.....or not.

ironman 06-18-2022 04:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have this picture which was of a Craftsman.
The cables came in from the right and were attached as you have them,
but the exhaust system appears to be a little different.

guyina4x4 06-18-2022 10:32 PM

OP, your 3rd Posted picture looks correct.
The cables can be routed in either side.
The top cable should go to the choke the lower cable to the throttle. Which they appear to be doing.

Ironman, your picture is of an older craftsman with side mounted muffler. That engine also looks like it is set up for single combined throttle/choke cable.

ironman 06-22-2022 11:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by guyina4x4 (Post 519010)

Ironman, your picture is of an older craftsman with side mounted muffler. That engine also looks like it is set up for single combined throttle/choke cable.

It did have a separate choke cable, it was not connected in the engine picture.