Only Cub Cadets

Only Cub Cadets (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/index.php)
-   Kohler Engines (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Asking to confirm (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/showthread.php?t=53693)

dodge trucker 10-26-2018 04:49 PM

Asking to confirm

I found a narrow base cast iron pan on feebay the other day for a much better price than I have seen in a while. Thing is that it came off of a "green" tractor not a yellow one. Was there anything about a Deere narrow base pan that would make it not work for a cub? Have it in mind to go onto a 1200.

dodge trucker 10-27-2018 08:28 PM

Nobody????

Dart1917 10-27-2018 11:20 PM

At least one of the cast iron pans I've used on my Quietlines came off a JD. If it's a deep sump and looks just like the aluminum one it will be fine- I think

dodge trucker 10-28-2018 09:27 AM

Dart, that's what I was thinking,(and hoping) it does look similar, it does have the half round sump protrusion for the rod dipper like the aluminum sumps that I have now... didn't know if maybe they were different depths or something in that half round portion.….. I know some were flat as well... this one that I found, isn't.

I didn't expect my post to be an extension of the bash-fest that was recently closed, but I have been curious as to whether he would be allowed back, or if he will come back, even if allowed.
I was wanting to ask, but didn't want to start another bash fest...so let this be the end of Jon talk on this thread.

finsruskw 10-28-2018 10:13 AM

No guarantee it won't leak though.
Last one I bought off the bay was cracked and made a mess of my brand new restored 149 engine bay 1st time out.
Examine it very carefully before you install it.

under edit:
This was a cast iron pan to boot

darkminion_17 10-28-2018 12:00 PM

Ask the seller for the part number cast in the pan, should be one there.

twoton 10-28-2018 12:07 PM

Sorry I can't answer your question dodge trucker but if that one doesn't work out try sending member dvogtvpe a PM. He may have the correct pan for your project. :beerchug:

R Bedell 10-28-2018 12:14 PM

One can NOT answer the question because the initial information is very limited and vague.

IF........you could get the Kohler "Model & Spec" of that engine, one could look that up and see if it applicable to the Cub Cadet Kohler K301AQS - 47541.

Right now, it is all guessing and speculation.

:bash2:

dodge trucker 10-28-2018 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finsruskw (Post 470455)
No guarantee it won't leak though.
Last one I bought off the bay was cracked and made a mess of my brand new restored 149 engine bay 1st time out.
Examine it very carefully before you install it.

I'd leave the heli coiled aluminum pan that is on there at the moment, but I think that it may be cracked, I regasketed it, refilled it, and have it hanging from the hoist to keep an eye on it before I drop it back in. Gotta rebuild the clutch any way that was other reason that I have the engine back out. And to power wash the frame w/o said parts in the way

dodge trucker 10-28-2018 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twoton (Post 470470)
Sorry I can't answer your question dodge trucker but if that one doesn't work out try sending member dvogtvpe a PM. He may have the correct pan for your project. :beerchug:

Ok thanks. It was cheap as compared to how much I usually see them going for on eBay, coming from a seller that I have dealt with before and had good luck with, this guy's prices are all over the place, some things he has he prices as if they were gold, while strangely other things he's downright cheap on. eBay seller name "eightystoys"
I tried to ask while the sale was live for this pan, you guys were asleep so I took a chance. USPS tracking says it's now about 70 miles away, so I'll have it in hand tomorrow and I'll post the cast in number. I do have another aluminum IH/CC Kohler pan here so I can compare it to once I get it here