Only Cub Cadets

Only Cub Cadets (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/index.php)
-   What is it worth ? (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Cub Cadet Original (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/showthread.php?t=52373)

Brownell1991 06-08-2018 01:04 AM

Cub Cadet Original

3 Attachment(s)
Hey everyone I’m looking for the value of my cub cadet that my grandpa left me just a general value. It does run but needs card work to keep running any info would help

J-Mech 06-08-2018 01:50 AM

Well..... Doesn't look to be a very early serial number. I see no battery, and a flat tire. Deck is rusty, and the absence of hood decals and hood ornament make me think it has been repainted or the hood changed. Should have smaller tires on the rear, and I see several other things missing or incorrect. It does still have the oil bath air cleaner. No options that I see, unless you count electric start..... I'd say no more than $200 in the condition it's in. If I was buying, $150 is all I'd pay. That is assuming the deck does turn, clutch is all there and the trans isn't stuck.

cubby102 06-08-2018 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Mech (Post 456051)
Well..... Doesn't look to be a very early serial number. I see no battery, and a flat tire. Deck is rusty, and thE absence of hood decals and hood ornament make me think it has been repainted or the hood changed. Should have smaller tires on the rear, and I see several other things missing or incorrect. It does still have the oil bath air cleaner. No options that I see, unless you count electric start..... I'd say no more than $200 in the condition it's in. If I was buying, $150 is all I'd pay. That is assuming the deck does turn, clutch is all there and the trans isn't stuck.

I second this

cooperino 06-08-2018 06:59 AM

Both J-Mech and cubby have a better idea of what these sell for, and what the worth is, there's a difference. However, I would rather pay you a little more than the prices mentioned than to see you part it out and sell on Ebay where you probably would make closer to $500 or $600 with a little work. I say this because Cubs not making anymore of these. Also for another $50-$100 to make the seller happy not gonna break the bank. Are you going to sell it or was this a curiosity based question.

Brownell1991 06-08-2018 08:28 AM

Most likely going to sell

jaynjeep 06-08-2018 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brownell1991 (Post 456050)
Hey everyone I’m looking for the value of my cub cadet that my grandpa left me just a general value. It does run but needs card work to keep running any info would help

If my Grandfather left me a Cub Cadet it wouldn't go anywhere!. I would seriously consider keeping it for sentimental reasons. Just a little bit of work along and you would have a decent little tractor with some history behind it. But that's just me.. I tend to get too sentimental and attached to things... especially if a family member owned it.:beerchug:
Unfortunately it's not going to bring a ton of money but it is a cool little tractor.. another reason i'd hang on to it!

J-Mech 06-08-2018 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooperino (Post 456056)
than to see you part it out and sell on Ebay where you probably would make closer to $500 or $600 with a little work.

He wouldn't make that much off that tractor, even in parts. Not enough there to sell than can easily ship.

Brownell,
You originally said this was given to you by your father in law, but now you said grandfather.....which is it??

cooperino 06-08-2018 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Mech (Post 456073)
He wouldn't make that much off that tractor, even in parts. Not enough there to sell than can easily ship.

Brownell,
You originally said this was given to you by your father in law, but now you said grandfather.....which is it??

J-Mech, I don't doubt what your saying.. Ok maybe not $500 but certainly from what I see going on at ebay you could part out and make more than 150$ And thats assuming some local pickup of things sold. Like another poster said, I would not sell an item like this if my grandfather left it to me. If I did not have an interest in it I would find another family member or good friend to GIVE it a good home. If I lived local and saw this for 300$ I would consider it for no other reason than to know it was not going to get scrapped or chopped up.. Thats just me. I'm not saying I would offer more than a person is asking tho so yeah.. I would buy it for $150 and run LOL

DoubleO7 06-08-2018 11:30 AM

Not everyone is living where keeping any outdoor equipment is a practical matter. Living in a condo, townhouse, apartment, renting a room, etc.
Or maybe in the military, etc.

Anyways, some are destined to be parted out to keep others going or for parts to restore another.

Alvy 06-08-2018 05:43 PM

Looks like he has a garage and some toys in there as well. If it’s truly your grandfathers I’d also say hang on to it and fix it up. The original is much easier to get apart than the later tractors for beginners it’s a great model to refurb your self. Lots of people here to answer your questions along the way. So question. What is significant about 1991? We’re you born then? Married then? Graduate high school?

Brownell1991 06-09-2018 06:58 PM

My wife’s grandfather left it to my father in law who gave it too me sorry for the confusion but I just don’t need it. It starts but needs carb work can only start it with starting fluid no fuel flows through the carb and I just picked a number. And I just need room in my garage

Alvy 06-09-2018 07:09 PM

I agree with the rest. $150 to $200

darkminion_17 06-09-2018 08:32 PM

I think you guys are looking for a new cub.

Brownell1991 06-13-2018 02:03 AM

Well it’s up for sale for 300 if anyone knows someone who wants it. Other wise I’ll just set it back behind the barn and let her sit