Only Cub Cadets

Only Cub Cadets (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/index.php)
-   Implements and Attachments (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Haban 325 and 374 deck spindle-grease bolt length? (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/showthread.php?t=50966)

Jeff in Pa 12-26-2017 09:29 PM

Haban 325 and 374 deck spindle-grease bolt length?

I'm working on a new project and need to know how long the top pulley grease bolt is on either the Haban 325 or 374 mower decks.

I have a sample spindle but the top bolt was broken off in it.

The thread size is 1/2-20 NF but I need the length

Thanks
Jeff

Jeff in Pa 12-26-2017 10:09 PM

Got an email stating it's a 1-1/2" long bolt :beerchug:

jaynjeep 12-27-2017 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff in Pa (Post 442229)

From what I remember that sounds about right.. I'll be glad to pull one out and measure if you need me to just let me know!:beerchug:

J-Mech 12-27-2017 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff in Pa (Post 442229)

See, now I think that is BS.

We have a thread asking how to make the forum better..... well PARTICIPATE for God sake!!!!! If you know the answer to the question, then SAY IT.

I don't know who sent you the email, but I hope they read this and listen. Whoever you are, save PM's for a PRIVATE conversation, and use the open forum to PARTICIPATE. That's how you make a forum better. :beatdeadhorse:

Sam Mac 12-27-2017 06:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Jeff

Here is a pic of a set of them. Maybe you can get an idea of the length from the pic. :beerchug:

Jeff in Pa 12-27-2017 06:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Mech (Post 442250)
See, now I think that is BS.

We have a thread asking how to make the forum better..... well PARTICIPATE for God sake!!!!! If you know the answer to the question, then SAY IT.

I don't know who sent you the email, but I hope they read this and listen. Whoever you are, save PM's for a PRIVATE conversation, and use the open forum to PARTICIPATE. That's how you make a forum better. :beatdeadhorse:

Let me clarify before you get more worked up Jon. :biggrin2:

I'm starting a new project and the person who will be the "tester" happened to be busy with his kid and didn't answer the email ( not PM ) I had sent.

I posted the question here and shortly afterward, the tester replied.

One picture of a partial unit I'm starting on. It still needs the collar made. This will be the expensive replacement, I'm working on a more affordable unit too.
Jeff

J-Mech 12-27-2017 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff in Pa (Post 442306)
Let me clarify before you get more worked up Jon. :biggrin2:

I'm starting a new project and the person who will be the "tester" happened to be busy with his kid and didn't answer the email ( not PM ) I had sent.

I posted the question here and shortly afterward, the tester replied.

One picture of a partial unit I'm starting on. It still needs the collar made. This will be the expensive replacement, I'm working on a more affordable unit too.
Jeff

Looks great Jeff!! Just like always!:ThumbsUp:

Well.... :RedFace2: My bad. :Sorry:
But you do see that quite a bit on here. Instead of answering via a post in a thread, people will send a PM to the OP. I don't understand why people do that. I've had people do it to me, and I told them to go make a post on the thread. Glad I was wrong this time. :beerchug:

Jeff in Pa 12-27-2017 06:27 PM

No problem at all Jon. You made a very good point and it was just this time the timing didn't work in my favor.

I have a feeling the spindle shown won't sell well due to the cost. It's a hardened material and it's tough on carbide tools.

I'm getting material tomorrow for a more affordable unit. I have an original factory spindle and I can nick it easily with a file.

gdheck 12-27-2017 07:03 PM

Jeff,
Remember that a hardened shaft could break more easily than a softer shaft if it has become brittle from heat treatment.

I bet you can be competitive with the OEM price.

Are you just welding the bottom piece to the shaft or cutting splines like the OEM?

Jeff in Pa 12-27-2017 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gdheck (Post 442318)
Jeff,
Remember that a hardened shaft could break more easily than a softer shaft if it has become brittle from heat treatment.

I bet you can be competitive with the OEM price.

Are you just welding the bottom piece to the shaft or cutting splines like the OEM?

It's hardened for only the outer 1/16".

I cut the keyway in addition the threading both ends plus the drilling grease hole.