Only Cub Cadets

Only Cub Cadets (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/index.php)
-   General Talk (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Hurricane Florence (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/showthread.php?t=53307)

john hall 09-09-2018 09:30 PM

Hurricane Florence

2 Attachment(s)
Made our weekly run to the grocery store this evening--the bread and water aisles are pretty bare. Two empty pallets in the front of the store that had water on them. Forecast now is for this hurricane to hit the coast very hard. In 96 we got hit by Fran, it was around 115mph when it hit land. Saying this one could be much stronger, likening it to Hazel back in the 50's. I'm 2-3 hrs inland from the coast and we still got hit so hard by Fran we were without power for 5 days--ran a chainsaw pretty solid for the first 2 days. Weather guys are obviously being quite cautionary about the storm predicitions, but saying the rain could be as much as 12" here, no way to tell yet about the wind.

I know there are some OCC members quite near the coast who could take a pretty hard hit from this. A. Cecil comes to mind, think J. Brewer as well.

Friend down east (eastern NC) says they are running combines hard as they can on anything ready to harvest (I think just corn at the moment).

I cranked up my generator today--much like my lawnmowers its OLD (TJD Wisconsin if that tells you anything). Need to make sure we have saw gas mixed up.

Any way, just rambling a bit. Hurricanes are pretty serious business, especially when they head straight inland. Hopefully this thing starts to fizzle out before it hits, but right now its not looking good.

Billy-O 09-09-2018 10:17 PM

I hope you're not going to get hit. And if you do get hit, I hope it is not as hard as they say in the forecast. While I'm in NJ and not in the forecasted path of Florence, I'm going to prepare anyway.

ol'George 09-10-2018 08:14 AM

I wish/pray for much calmer winds than predicted for all,
and no loss of life.:Pray:

olds45512 09-10-2018 08:34 AM

My parents were supposed to leave Wednesday to head down to the bottom of Virginia, needless to say they have cancelled those plans. If you're in the area, stay safe.

sorner 09-10-2018 09:53 AM

It's probably going to hit, and here's why. It's not because the weather experts think it will hit.... We have a camping trip scheduled to Carolina Beach, near Wilmington with a Thursday arrival. We reserved a month ago. As soon as I saw this storm in its infancy off the coast of Africa I knew it was going to be a threat to our plans. Right now the National Hurricane Center track shows it going almost directly over Carolina Beach on Thursday. What are the odds??? :bash2:

bllwnkl 09-10-2018 10:12 AM

I have family north of Galax Virginia. Concerned for them! :NailBite: :Pray:

darkminion_17 09-10-2018 10:47 AM

Stay safe down there and hope for the best.
On a side note:
My brother moved to Loris SC in 2017, looks like they may get hit pretty hard.

DoubleO7 09-10-2018 11:06 AM

11am NHC update says Flo is a Cat 3, predicted to be Cat 4
8pm Thursday eye landfall at SC/NC border.

Stat safe up there and don't be foolish and stay if your within a few miles of the coast.

Sam Mac 09-10-2018 11:10 AM

We have gotten slammed with rain the last few days, if this thing delivers a bunch of rain in this area it will be ugly

Sam Mac 09-10-2018 11:13 AM

1 Attachment(s)
We gonna die :biggrin2: