Only Cub Cadets

Only Cub Cadets (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/index.php)
-   Cub Cadet Lawn Tractor (LT) (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   White and blue/white wires (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/showthread.php?t=55224)

Styphon 06-10-2019 08:31 AM

White and blue/white wires

I have a 2015 xt1 gt54 mower. It was working normally then yesterday when starting it idles at a high rpm even with throttle all the way down. It also violently shakes during this. So I move the Tractor and find a connector with two wires, blue/white and white. I found an end missing wires on the right side near the pedal but can't find the other end to connect to.

ironman 06-11-2019 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Styphon (Post 483563)
So I move the Tractor and find a connector with two wires, blue/white and white. I found an end missing wires on the right side near the pedal but can't find the other end to connect to.

You "found a connector". Where did you find it? Was it laying on the ground? Was it hanging down from above?

Then you found an "end missing wires" What is an "end"?

Hard to help you when you make no sense, but most of the newer Cubs with an electric PTO use blue and white wires for the PTO connector. However that wouldn't explain your high rpm/running rough condition.

R Bedell 06-11-2019 09:28 AM

Welcome to OCC........... :Welcome2:

I tried to find a wiring diagram for the XT1 and could not find one. :crap:

Styphon 06-11-2019 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ironman (Post 483619)
You "found a connector". Where did you find it? Was it laying on the ground? Was it hanging down from above?

Then you found an "end missing wires" What is an "end"?

When I moved the lawn mower I found it on the ground. It is two wires, the one end are exposed wire ends. I found a plastic connector to the right of the engine were these two wires fit. The other end is a white connector/plug with both wires feeding into it

cooperino 06-11-2019 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Styphon (Post 483644)
When I moved the lawn mower I found it on the ground. It is two wires, the one end are exposed wire ends. I found a plastic connector to the right of the engine were these two wires fit. The other end is a white connector/plug with both wires feeding into it

Does your pto engage?

ironman 06-11-2019 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Styphon (Post 483644)

So if I understand correctly, the connector you found on the ground plugs (fits) correctly into the one you found near the engine leaving you with two bare ended wires. If that is the case, inspect the electric PTO housing at the engine. There HAS to be wires coming out of it and connected to something. If there is keep looking, if not, it means something snagged those wires and ripped them out. But again, the PTO not working wouldn't affect engine performance.

Just curious, was the mower deck on the tractor when this all started. Is it on now?

darkminion_17 06-11-2019 04:32 PM

Your description of the engine revving high with the throttle at idle is not a good sign.
Possible internal problems with the governor.....

R Bedell 06-12-2019 08:47 AM

Quote:

find a connector with two wires, blue/white and white. I found an end missing wires on the right side near the pedal but can't find the other end to connect to.
I found a Wiring Diagram. The WHT and BLU/WHT wires go the the Elec PTO.

ironman 06-12-2019 09:15 AM

Roland, where did you find it? I searched quite a bit with no success. It might help others with an XT!.

R Bedell 06-12-2019 09:24 AM

I got it from a friend of mine.