Only Cub Cadets

Only Cub Cadets (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/index.php)
-   Prayer room (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Prayers for my family (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/showthread.php?t=56889)

john hall 05-01-2020 09:05 PM

Prayers for my family

3 Attachment(s)
Been a bit of a tough day. At the ripe old age of 90, my dad passed away. He broke his hip 2 months ago and it has been a complicated downward spiral ever since. The day before he fell, He was hanging out with me at the shop as I had the differential apart on my 2284 to do some re-machining of severely worn parts. I needed a third hand for re-assembly and he was delighted to help. He truly enjoyed working on Cadets. Turning wrenches on Cadets supplemented his income for many years after he retired. The original parts books from the dealer he worked for are in the shop and are often go to books for projects. He fussed when I bought my 2072, said it was too much money. That didn't last long, it stayed at his house for his yard (primarily)--he has ran it 50x's more than me--called it his mower! I don't know who was the most excited to get my 2284 home, it may have been him. Something about old school Cadet design with a new look peaked both of our interests. He was ready to start working on it before we even unloaded it. Gonna miss him a lot, but he left me with a lot of knowledge and a love for Cadets.

Jeff in Pa 05-01-2020 10:06 PM

Sorry to hear you lost your Dad. Please accept my sincere condolences. I'll pray for the entire family.

He made it to 90. That's a good run

Jeff

athomas 05-02-2020 12:25 AM

Sorry for your loss ! prayers to you and family !

twoton 05-02-2020 04:54 AM

Sorry for your loss John.

R Bedell 05-02-2020 06:56 AM

I am sorry for your loss, and I extend my sincerest condolences.

West Valley G 05-02-2020 08:38 AM

Will certainly remember your family in prayer. Sorry for the loss.
The pictures are great, thanks for sharing them.
Dad's are the best.

Ken

ol'George 05-02-2020 08:57 AM

Sorry for your loss John,
You were both blessed for him being with your family, and on this earth 90 years.
I lost my Dad 52 years ago tomorrow, he was only 61.
I share your loss like mine just happened.

You grief will lessen as time goes by, but you will always daily remember all the times everyone spent together with him.
He was part of the "can do" generation.
He was a wonderful father, as you spoke of him multiple times here, attesting to that fact.
God bless, and may he forever rest in peace!

Oak 05-02-2020 09:21 AM

I am so sorry to hear about your father John. I've enjoyed the stories you told about the 2 of you wrenching on Cubs over the years here on OCC. I wished I could have met him at a plow day in the Carolina's but they just don't happen as often as they used to.

My father also is the one that got me hooked on Cub Cadets. His 982 that I now own is really something special to me. As West Valley said...Dad's are the greatest!

Please accept my sincere condolences and I too will pray for your family in this hard time.

clay1811/44c 05-02-2020 10:06 PM

Sorry for your loss.

CSXengr 05-03-2020 05:40 AM

So sorry to hear of this John. Praying for you and your family.