Only Cub Cadets

Only Cub Cadets (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/index.php)
-   The Tool Shed (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   What new tools have you got recently? (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/showthread.php?t=57473)

IHCubCadet147 07-31-2020 10:17 AM

What new tools have you got recently?

3 Attachment(s)
Just a place to show off and talk about the tools you recently bought/acquired.

I sharpened the blades on my neighbors tractor, and he gave me this old bumper jack as payment. It works, but needs the moving parts oiled up from sitting. I’m going to make a bracket to go on it for lifting tractors.

spndncash 07-31-2020 11:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)
From the people that brought you Covid-19 by way of Dayton/granger, this arrived today.
it made quick work of some beef jerky I had and my fast thinking foxhound/great dane appreciated it falling on the ground!
I have to find something more challenging to cut now.

ol'George 07-31-2020 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IHCubCadet147 (Post 499804)
Just a place to show off and talk about the tools you recently bought/acquired.

I sharpened the blades on my neighbors tractor, and he gave me this old bumper jack as payment. It works, but needs the moving parts oiled up from sitting. I’m going to make a bracket to go on it for lifting tractors.

That is an "oldie"and a goodie, I'd be guessing 1950's, remember the one I used to borrow from my wife's dad back in the mid 60's
It went to his son after he passed, but son is gone now, as is the bumpers that vehicles had to lift under.
handy thing it is!

cooperino 07-31-2020 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ol'George (Post 499811)
That is an "oldie"and a goodie, I'd be guessing 1950's, remember the one I used to borrow from my wife's dad back in the mid 60's
It went to his son after he passed, but son is gone now, as is the bumpers that vehicles had to lift under.
handy thing it is!

We have 2x 3 ton bumper pneumatic jacks. We still get them to work on a lot of cars with plastic bumpers.. We also have used one on either side to lift cars from the pinch welds if the 2 post lift was occupied and we needed to pick up another car.

ol'George 07-31-2020 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooperino (Post 499812)
We have 2x 3 ton bumper pneumatic jacks. We still get them to work on a lot of cars with plastic bumpers.. We also have used one on either side to lift cars from the pinch welds if the 2 post lift was occupied and we needed to pick up another car.

Ya, I have a pneumatic one now also it is an oldie too, but I liked the hydraulic one better, I never liked lifting on the bumpers, always preferred the
Frame, or stubs or bumper brackets in that order.
I really dislike lifting on the pinch welds, but that is how it's done today.
Made a set of pinch weld pads for my daughters New Camaro, but still prefer a solid lifting point.
Aw well move ahead or backslide.:beerchug:

West Valley G 07-31-2020 02:26 PM

What a cool Jack, great way to get a paycheck, so much more valuable
then cash.

Ken

rsshallop 08-05-2020 09:52 PM

That's a pretty impressive knife spndncash. What are you going to be using it for?

john hall 08-06-2020 08:24 AM

That's a rather neat looking jack, can't say I have ever seen one. If I had more room in the shop I'd love to have something like that for lifting lawnmowers. I have a small one that was given to me, but its a deathtrap for a "normal" Cadet. Tried lifting my 1811--it cleared it about 2" before literally shooting the jack out the front at me. Just bad physics on its design, and too wimpy to do the job. Not sure How I even feel about it on the "box store" series mowers some of the family has.

spndncash 08-06-2020 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsshallop (Post 499969)
That's a pretty impressive knife spndncash. What are you going to be using it for?

patchwork on a Farmall Cub fenders, body and fuel tank. afterward some MGTD body work. my freehand work with the Plasma cutter is not pretty on thin material

rsshallop 08-06-2020 06:00 PM

Well good luck with that. I hope it turns out great.