Only Cub Cadets

Only Cub Cadets (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/index.php)
-   General Talk (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Usps (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/showthread.php?t=53983)

R Bedell 12-03-2018 09:18 AM

Usps

I ordered a part on eBay and it was shipped via USPS. It originated in Ohio and being shipped to my place in Michigan. The distance travel is 340 miles. It took 101 hrs for the USPS to handle this part. It equates to traveling at the rate of 3.37mph. I am thinking the Pony Express could have done it have the time.

:bash2:

Sam Mac 12-03-2018 09:50 AM

Gotta love it. Government run operation, what more do you expect. :biggrin2:

Mudrig150 12-03-2018 09:58 AM

My brother ordered somethin and UPS is shipping it the opposite way from us. Gotta love freight companies.

dodge trucker 12-03-2018 01:17 PM

I ordered some parts for my Coleman camp stoves from Philly via EPay. I live near Chicago. I looked up tracking a couple of times and it said that my parts were in PR Huh? Next day it said San Juan. It was then that I realized what PR meant. How (and why) did parts destined for Illinois get sent via Puerto Rico? again this was USPS.

I often see where things ordered from the North or West being sent thru Indy before getting here, which is an over shot from either direction. I don't understand either.:bash2:

R Bedell 12-03-2018 01:27 PM

Sad thing is..........NOTHING will change. They don't and never will, get it.

ejl6658 12-03-2018 01:40 PM

Usps

I've actually been pretty satisfied with shipments via USPS. Got to remember that a lot of people do online Christmas shopping this time of year. My nephew is a mailman and he told me they have been getting hammered since black Friday. Not a good time of year to receive anything quickly.

mortten 12-03-2018 03:48 PM

There is a USPS clearing house in Warrensdale, PA. Here in NE Ohio everything I order goes through there no matter what. One time I ordered something from Indiana. It went to Akron, which is 20 minutes from me, then to Warrensdale, then to Cleveland, then on to Peninsula. Roland, I’ll bet your package at one point was in Warrensdale.

R Bedell 12-03-2018 05:33 PM

Here in Michigan, the USPS has this Processing Center located in Allen Park (Suburb of Detroit) with is commonly referenced as the "black hole". Letters and packages go in there and/or come out really late, or not at all. :bigeyes:

ol'George 12-03-2018 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R Bedell (Post 473068)
Here in Michigan, the USPS has this Processing Center located in Allen Park (Suburb of Detroit) with is commonly referenced as the "black hole". Letters and packages go in there and/or come out really late, or not at all. :bigeyes:

Roland, I was going to say the same thing about the black hole in Allen park.
I have over 500 purchases from epay and gotten everyone of them via USPS.
Some quickly, some not, but they do arrive.

I will say in their defense, some stuff goes on designated routes no matter if they go right through a recipients town to a "distribution center" then back track.
I have learned a long, long, time ago, that this time of year it is mayhem.
The postal people in my small town are super folks, i'll never say a thing bad about them.
Many times they have gone out of their way to make sure things happen as planned.

DoubleO7 12-03-2018 07:13 PM

consolidation and automation on at it's finest.