Only Cub Cadets

Only Cub Cadets (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/index.php)
-   Get To Know The Members (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Ball cap (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39620)

Brent McCartney 06-25-2015 02:42 PM

Ball cap

I don't know if this is the right place To post this question, but I thought it would be nice to have ball caps with the club logo so that we could identify each other at fairs, flea markets and other events that we may be at searching for cub cadets. Maybe we already have them I couldn't find any on this site

Yosemite Sam 06-25-2015 03:02 PM

I don't know how many of us wear caps on our... Oh, wait... Yeah good idea. I would buy an "Only Cub Cadets" cap.

Yosemite Sam 06-25-2015 03:06 PM

That wouldn't cause us to get "beat up" by members of other forums, would it?

rwairforce 06-25-2015 03:53 PM

it might cause a little pain.

I bought a couple off Ebay.

Terry C 06-25-2015 03:56 PM

Good idea. General Talk would be the area you would put this kind of thing. Mods will be along soon and move it probably.

Berwil 06-25-2015 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yosemite Sam (Post 334744)
That wouldn't cause us to get "beat up" by members of other forums, would it?

I could see some dance fighting break out against those WFM guys, but we got your back Mark!

When your an Only Cub Cadet
You're an Only Cub Cadet all the way
From your first cigarette
To your last dyin' day.

When you're a Only Cub Cadet,
If the spit hits the fan,
You got brothers around,
You're a family man!

Seriously though, hats would be cool.

Bill

jimbob200521 06-25-2015 04:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
In for a hat! :beerchug:

Gotta be flexfit, though; I spend 90% of my day in a ballcap and I cannot stand having an open back. Kinda hard to cover up a bald head when it's hanging out in the back :biggrin2:

j4c11 06-25-2015 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brent McCartney (Post 334739)
I don't know if this is the right place To post this question, but I thought it would be nice to have ball caps with the club logo so that we could identify each other at fairs, flea markets and other events that we may be at searching for cub cadets. Maybe we already have them I couldn't find any on this site

Comes up every now and then. You'd have to get a license from MTD to sell anything containing the words "Cub Cadet". They tend to frown upon that sort of stuff.

jimbob200521 06-25-2015 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by j4c11 (Post 334762)
Comes up every now and then. You'd have to get a license from MTD to sell anything containing the words "Cub Cadet". They tend to frown upon that sort of stuff.

I really do believe that using "onlycubcadets.com" wouldn't be a strict copyright infringement. I mean let's face it, it's not like these hats are going to be the next big trend and sell billions. Just gonna be a relatively small group of guys wearing them. Gotta be an area there that allows people to do what we want to do. I've seen Corvette forums shirts, Ford forum shirts, etc. Maybe all we have to do is put that little © symbol next to Cub Cadet or something. Hmm we need a legal expert around these parts! :biggrin2:

j4c11 06-25-2015 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbob200521 (Post 334766)
Gotta be an area there that allows people to do what we want to do. I've seen Corvette forums shirts, Ford forum shirts, etc.

There is, you ask the trademark owner for permission. They might be ok with it, who knows, some companies are more anal than others.

Really what the forum needs is a recognizable logo, then you could put that on anything.

I propose a logo contest.