Only Cub Cadets

Only Cub Cadets (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/index.php)
-   The Tool Shed (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Milwaukee M18 Power Tools,, R E V I E W ,,, (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/showthread.php?t=53771)

CADplans 11-06-2018 01:37 PM

Milwaukee M18 Power Tools,, R E V I E W ,,,

I have always been a fan of Milwaukee cordless power tools, even before lithium batteries,,

I decided to get the new GENERATION 3 M18 Fuel Brushless tool kit,, the tools get rave reviews,,, :bigthink:

Well,,, BOO!!,,, HISSSSS!! on Milwaukee,,

I went to Home Depot and purchased an M18 three tool kit in a Milwaukee Packout box,,, Four Hundred Dollars,,,

The Milwaukee boxes for the power tools have always been a form-fitted box, designed for the tools,, ALWAYS!

NO MORE,,, The Packout box is like tossing your tools in a cardboard box,,
I guess if you let them bang each other to death,, they will need replaced sooner.

Now I know why they NEVER show an interior view of the Packout box with these tools on line,, there is nothing inside to show,,,

PLUS, there is more,,, the Packout is the "Large Tool Box"
The box comes with a hang tag that tells you that "Interior Organizer Trays" are in the Large Tool Box,,,

NOT!! nothing is in the box, once you remove the tools,,
There is a spot for a divider,, but, it is not included,,,

We will see how long these tools last,, I gave my old set to my son-in-law,, since he was always borrowing them,,,:biggrin2:

What is your Milwaukee M18 tool experience??

cooperino 11-06-2018 02:15 PM

My exp with a Fuel 18 set.. (3 piece Drill, saw, impact gun) When your batteries finally stop taking a charge just buy a new set of tools. Its cheaper than buying just batteries. Mine came with 2 batteries. They lasted almost exactly same amount of time about 3 years with heavy use in shop.

R Bedell 11-06-2018 02:22 PM

I don't own a battery powered Milwaukee anymore. The last one I owned, was a 7.2V cordless 3/8" drill and worked great until the day I dropped it and it exploded.

I have several Milwaukee corded power tools and all work fine with 15+ yrs on them.

Billy-O 11-06-2018 02:43 PM

I decided no more Milwaukee tools for my business and personal use. I have the 12 volt mini sawzall which the batteries went bad shortly after purchase. I also have the Milwaukee tools box which the black paint is bubbling and delaminating on several drawers. In both cases, calls and inquiries to the big box stores and the Milwaukee Tools company generated run arounds with no resolution to the problems. Milwaukee tools may look good, but a lot of it is junk!

Dstein16 11-06-2018 02:56 PM

I've been wanting to try the M18 fuel impact, but can't get over the sticker price. Heard good things personally and the reviews are pretty good. I currently use a 5 year old Porter Cable 20V tool set and so far I am thoroughly impressed at the value. I admit, I work the 1/2" drill and impact VERY hard. Still keeps going and the batteries have been good for 5 years. (KNOCK ON WOOD).

CADplans 11-06-2018 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dstein16 (Post 471075)
I admit, I work the 1/2" drill and impact VERY hard. Still keeps going and the batteries have been good for 5 years. (KNOCK ON WOOD).

I thought it was "Drill On Wood",,, :bigthink:

:biggrin2:

Other than the blades on the mower,, I have yet to find a bolt/nut the hex driver can not handle,,,

That tool is a beast,, I also have the 1/2 impact wrench,,
the only time I use that is changing mower blades, and rotating tires on my 3/4 ton pickup,,
the little hex tool does EVERYTHING else,,, :bigeyes:

Actually, I seldom grab a ratchet wrench first,, I ALWAYS try the little impact hex tool.

That hex tool makes the entire purchase worth the price,,, :bigeyes:

jaynjeep 11-06-2018 06:02 PM

I use my M18 lithium Milwaukee 3/8 impact every day... and I love it:beerchug:.. going on three years now and not one single hiccup.. by far the strongest cordless tools I have ever owned.. I also bought a 3/8 cordless drill about 2 years ago.. it is great also!

chris hall 11-06-2018 09:39 PM

I love my Milwaukee tools. I just bought the fuel 3/8 ratchet. I can tell a big difference in the first gen versus the new fuel series. I use my tools almost on a daily basis and I have never been disappointed.

Oak 11-06-2018 10:33 PM

I don't have the M18 kit but I received the M12 kit as a gift a few years ago and I love it. I use mine just about every day and it still uses the original batteries. I like it because they are small, light weight and fit in my tool bag. The little M12 impact driver is my favorite and I also like the nut driver. If it can't break it loose you just let off the trigger and use the driver as if it were a wrench and twist. I've done that hundreds of times and they still hold up. I would think the M18 is as good but has more power. My old 18 volt DeWalt that feels like it weighs 18lbs doesn't come out of the box anymore.

CubDieselFan 11-07-2018 11:14 AM

I have the small and large brushless impacts and I am very happy with them. Sure beats having to have air and I take them when I am on the road.