Only Cub Cadets

Only Cub Cadets (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/index.php)
-   IH Cub Cadet Tractors (GT) (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Recently acquired a 107, could use some knowledge. (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/showthread.php?t=50558)

Avie02 11-16-2017 08:44 PM

Recently acquired a 107, could use some knowledge.

5 Attachment(s)
I recently had the pleasure of picking up a 107 with snowblower and mowing deck. She runs good buts needs some love as far as wiring goes. I've been digging through the post here for a few days now but it is a bit overwhelming and was wondering if you all would mind helping me with some info. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I was wondering what part number is the correct mule drive belt for this mower and deck combo as it did not come with the proper one. Also, does anyone know where to buy the correct tension pulley parts for the mule as it has been modified and broken. I have made a spring for it temporarily that is working but would like to put it back to original.

As far as the deck goes, I was wondering if there was a way to look up the serial number as it is 482 U1116 and all I have found is the 482 U1113, is there a difference?

The mower seems to have a charging system problem but I haven't had a chance to dive into that yet.

Again, your time and assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Gompers 11-16-2017 09:06 PM

Welcome! That's a sharp looking 107.
For the pulleys, you can check the sponsors above, or poke around on e-bay, or post in the wanted section. They are fairly easy to come by. Check out parts tree for the part #s, and go from there. The mule drives are pretty much all the same as it relates to mowers.

I believe the belt p/n you want is IH-489397-R3. Belts are sort of like religion around here, but make sure you get a decent one, as the mule drive takes a toll on them. Some people like NAPA ones. Some people swear by Stens. Some say only the CC/IH ones are worth a toot. You'll rarely go wrong with OEM, but I have a stens one that works just fine too.

There's a link in the technical library to the reference manual for belts that will give you the details.

That looks like a later 48" that's in pretty good shape still, but it's been repainted and it's kinda hard to tell what sort of shape it's really in. The decks don't have serial numbers on them, per se, just a model/revision number. I don't think there is much difference between the U1113 and U1116, but I'm hardly an expert. Probably just in the alignment of the anti-scalping skids and whatnot. The 107 would have had a 38", 42" or 48" deck on it. The 48" might have been a bit much for the 107 to push through tough stuff, but it's a pretty good deck.

That QA-42 thrower looks to be in pretty good shape too.

It looks like everything you have there has been repainted.

As for the charging system, it's very common for the voltage regulators on these things to stop working. It's also quite common for there to be broken wires, as that tractor is pushing 50 years old at this point, and the original wire loom is getting brittle and corroded. Do some searching, and you'll figure out pretty quick what is wrong. A multimeter is very helpful. I don't think those headlights aren't original to the tractor, though they are tastefully done, so who knows what's happened to your harness.

athomas 11-16-2017 10:32 PM

Nice looking machine !

zippy1 11-16-2017 10:33 PM

Here's a link from Cub Cadet for you 107. Attachments are included. (DECK)
http://www.cubcadet.com/equipment/AR.../s/CUT/107//1/
Don't bother with parts tree for looking up parts. Use Cub Cadet. Also, if you're having wiring issues, member Mike Lamar builds new ones, and many of the members have used them, with excellent results.
http://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=34457

olds45512 11-16-2017 10:44 PM

Those series of tractor are notorious for the wiring being rotten, i would replace the harness before i would start replacing other components.

Terry C 11-17-2017 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by olds45512 (Post 438281)
Those series of tractor are notorious for the wiring being rotten, i would replace the harness before i would start replacing other components.

What he said :beerchug:

Avie02 11-17-2017 08:23 PM

Thanks guys for taking the time to respond. I think I've found the proper PTO drive belt for the deck but wanted to check with you guys first, what I've found is the IH-490489-R2 3/8" x 80'. As for the wiring harness for the engine there are two options and I was wondering if anyone knows what the difference would be between them, IH-49321-C91 and IH-404379-R4. Thanks again for the guidance.

sir_lancealot 11-17-2017 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avie02 (Post 438350)
Thanks guys for taking the time to respond. I think I've found the proper PTO drive belt for the deck but wanted to check with you guys first, what I've found is the IH-490489-R2 3/8" x 80'. As for the wiring harness for the engine there are two options and I was wondering if anyone knows what the difference would be between them, IH-49321-C91 and IH-404379-R4. Thanks again for the guidance.

No, the correct belt is IH-489397-R3 3/8" x 75.5".

The harness is IH-59321-C91. But you can get one from user Mlamar on here for much cheaper. Here is a link to the harness on his site: http://www.mikescubcadets.com/parts/nggallery/image/9

Avie02 11-17-2017 08:59 PM

Thank you, I'm ordering the belt now and I shot a message to Mr. Lamar to see about getting all the wires I would need for this 107.

sir_lancealot 11-17-2017 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avie02 (Post 438356)
Thank you, I'm ordering the belt now and I shot a message to Mr. Lamar to see about getting all the wires I would need for this 107.

No worries. The parts site can be a little confusing if you're not careful. The belt you had selected was for the 38"/42" deck. Good choice on going with Mike's harness. I have a couple of them on my narrow frame tractors and they are very well made. I'll actually be ordering one for my 107 here shortly so I can go through it this winter.