Only Cub Cadets

Only Cub Cadets (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/index.php)
-   IH Cub Cadet Tractors (GT) (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   O face lift (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/showthread.php?t=34439)

zippy1 09-03-2014 09:18 PM

O face lift

7 Attachment(s)
Wasn't going to do anything with the old O. But along comes Sam Mac with his cosmetic refresh O project, looking all gleaming and all, and I couldn't resist jumping on the band wagon.:biggrin2:
Truthfully this old O has been around the block a time or three. But really not in the worst condition I've ever had the honor of working on. Looks rather rough around the edges, but there is a light down near the center.
Started tearing into it yesterday by removing the engine. Today got some of the tractor disassembled.
Plans for the tractor are just a face lift, not full blown restore. Clean up the engine, install new gaskets throughout. (Thanks Lew) Wheel bushings, new tires, do something with the spindles:bigthink:, rear gaskets, seals, correct rims and new tires. Oh, and paint:biggrin2:
I'm sure there are a few things I forgot, or haven't run into yet, but will sometime or another.
My turn around time isn't as fast as most of you on a tractor, so this might go on for some time. Enough :BlahBlah: onto the pictures.

darkminion_17 09-03-2014 09:24 PM

Looks like a good fall project Todd,keep us posted on your progress

Oak 09-03-2014 10:22 PM

Looks good Todd. Enjoy having the garage doors open now cause in a few weeks the white stuff will be blowing around. Now I'm gonna sit back and watch ya save another one.:beerchug:

:popcorn:

Cub Cadet 123 09-03-2014 10:29 PM

If that is what you got done in 1 day, then I think you did a great job at being efficient. Looks like a true labor of love and my vote is that you will be doing more to it than what you stated once you start really diggin' in.

Cub Cadet 123

cubcadet 09-04-2014 06:28 AM

Looks like a nice project Todd, keep us posted.

Sam Mac 09-04-2014 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zippy1 (Post 284484)
Wasn't going to do anything with the old O. But along comes Sam Mac with his cosmetic refresh O project, looking all gleaming and all, and I couldn't resist jumping on the band wagon.:biggrin2:

Todd

I'm sorry, didn't mean to start a new project for you. Looks great so far and will probably look better than my O does when your done. :beerchug:

ACecil 09-04-2014 11:40 AM

Good luck on the restoration, Todd. Looking forward to your updates.

J-Mech 09-04-2014 05:07 PM

Nice work so far Todd! Be careful. Before you know it, you may take the whole fleet apart! :bigeyes:

cubcadet 09-04-2014 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Mech (Post 284614)
Nice work so far Todd! Be careful. Before you know it, you may take the whole fleet apart! :bigeyes:

Is that what happened to you?:biggrin2:

drglinski 09-04-2014 07:42 PM

Nice. Good luck with the refresh. I like the Os.