Only Cub Cadets

Only Cub Cadets (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/index.php)
-   Welcome to OnlyCubCadets (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New guy from Alabama (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/showthread.php?t=52619)

dfarmer 06-30-2018 11:58 PM

New guy from Alabama

1 Attachment(s)
Just joined last night and wanted to say hello. Bought a model 70 a couple weeks ago and Already put a fuel shut off valve on tank and a carb bowl gasket. Been riding around on it some. It has clutch problems. Most everything is original. Got to decide if I’m going to leave as is and just fix what’s needed or do a restoration.

IHCubCadet147 07-01-2018 06:57 AM

Welcome! :Welcome2:
I think it looks good like it is.

R Bedell 07-01-2018 07:00 AM

Welcome to OCC.... :Welcome2:

Do your tractor good.

:IH Trusted Hand:

Chad126 07-01-2018 07:17 AM

Good looking tractor. I also agree that it looks great as is. Some just age better than others. On the other hand, this would be a great candidate for a true restoration as well. If it were mine, Id fix her as new. Keep us posted on your new beauty.

Chad126 07-01-2018 07:18 AM

What part of Bama you from?

cooperino 07-01-2018 08:44 AM

Welcome!

Great lookin tractor. May I ask? Would you be working this tractor? Gutting grass, plowing ? If thats the case I would just fix, clean, and enjoy! :beerchug:

jaynjeep 07-01-2018 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dfarmer (Post 458698)
Just joined last night and wanted to say hello. Bought a model 70 a couple weeks ago and Already put a fuel shut off valve on tank and a carb bowl gasket. Been riding around on it some. It has clutch problems. Most everything is original. Got to decide if I’m going to leave as is and just fix what’s needed or do a restoration.

Nice 70 you have there! Welcome to the forum!!:beerchug: These little machines are a lot of fun and will grab your heart if you aren't careful!:biggrin2:

Just my opinion but that tractor has some nice patina.. I'd be tempted to fix or repair the mechanicals, leave the paint alone and use/enjoy as is!:bigthink:

Bamafan 07-01-2018 06:20 PM

:Welcome2: Glad to see another Bama guy on here. What part of Bama? I'm in the Huntsville area.

dfarmer 07-01-2018 08:38 PM

Surprisingly most everyone around here thats seen it tells me they would leave as is also. Its running good. The clutch pedal doesn't want to come up to the stop, and makes a racket when first depressing the pedal.Once going, if I pull up on pedal, its quieter. Want to ride it some to see if anything else needs attention before working on clutch. I want to get a sleeve hitch and work my garden with it. I got implements. I probably want cut grass with it, but I want to get the mower workable just so I can cut if I wanted to. Larry, I'm about 40 miles south of Montgomery. Also got quiet a bit of slop in the steering wheel. Looks like someone put a bolt thru the steering arm.

Terry C 07-01-2018 09:19 PM

I like it as is also. Fix all the mechanical stuff and call it good.
Your hood has a nice patina. :beerchug: