Only Cub Cadets

Only Cub Cadets (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/index.php)
-   Get To Know The Members (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Newbie from the UK (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/showthread.php?t=52738)

paulob1 07-10-2018 04:43 AM

Newbie from the UK

Hi guys I am in the UK a place called Alton, Hampshire...its about 40 miles away from London.

I am in the process of opening a museum, the Iron Curtain Museum, if anyone is interested take a look on facebook @theironcurtainmuseum, or at www.thecoldwarmuseum.com. we have tanks and trucks and APC's and loads of stuff..

Anyway I have a lovely old 1572...has been working a treat. I recently did a fullish service on the old girs deck, but once back in service she runs for about 10-15 minutes or until she gets hot then simple runs out of puff...and stops...its really very odd, as if she is not getting enough fuel, all the filters have been cleared and cleaned, the tank has fresh fuel, the pump seems to work fine but I just don't get the fact it just stops. If I disengage the deck it ticks over for fine, but will not run with the power up or the deck engaged...anyone got any ideas...have blown all the lines and as i say the pump is working...what am I missing..

cooperino 07-10-2018 05:49 AM

First thing I would check is everything in the deck. Sounds like something may be getting hot enough and binding that it actually shuts the engine down. Since it's the last piece you worked on I would always say it's the first thing to check if there is still a problem.

You also said the engine is getting hot? How long did this sit for before last using and deck rebuild?

Ok..sorry. I just realized this should be a diesel unit. The deck should really never be able to bind the engine to a halt. Start with fuel and air. Also, what condition is the cooling system in? If it is in fact overheating dont keep running it like that. Kubota does not do well with multiple over heats

paulob1 07-11-2018 05:56 AM

No it runs fine and it is not overheating but it only stops once it reaches normal operating temperature...the deck seems to be going slower than normal sometimes, this may be that the belt is getting slack...

but it runs fine for about 20 minutes then literally suddenly it just stalls as if it has no fuel or is under too much load, (I guess that is because it is not getting enough fuel..) .i did try another pump but it didnt like that at all, i wonder if I can get a brand new pump and try that.

cooperino 07-11-2018 06:34 AM

Eliminate possibility of deck issue by removing belt. Then run the unit. If it still does stall after 20 min I would bet money on fuel or air delivery issue. Have you changed fuel and air filters recently?

Green stripe wide frame 07-11-2018 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooperino (Post 459895)
Eliminate possibility of deck issue by removing belt. Then run the unit. If it still does stall after 20 min I would bet money on fuel or air delivery issue. Have you changed fuel and air filters recently?

I wouldn't do that quite yet. If you were to run it with the pto/deck off chances are it will take longer or may not die at all ( if its a fuel issue). Possibly hiding the issue. I would rebuild/clean the carb, clean and flush the fuel tank. Try that

cooperino 07-11-2018 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Green stripe wide frame (Post 459941)
I wouldn't do that quite yet. If you were to run it with the pto/deck off chances are it will take longer or may not die at all ( if its a fuel issue). Possibly hiding the issue. I would rebuild/clean the carb, clean and flush the fuel tank. Try that

Its a diesel ;)

Green stripe wide frame 07-11-2018 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooperino (Post 459942)
Its a diesel ;)

Wow, thanks. Didn't see that