Only Cub Cadets

Only Cub Cadets (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/index.php)
-   Cub Cadet Lawn Tractor (LT) (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   XT2 ? any good? (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/showthread.php?t=52478)

Jeff in Pa 06-17-2018 07:50 PM

XT2 ? any good?

One of the guys on another forum asked me about the XT2

Quote:

How about the XT2 series out now? I’m needing a replacement for my Troybilt (MTD) as it is about 14 years old and while it has been flawless, I like the looks of the new Cub Cadets but not if it’s going to be a maintenance nightmare
Any suggestions? I'm a NF guy myself

Thanks, Jeff

cooperino 06-17-2018 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff in Pa (Post 457046)
One of the guys on another forum asked me about the XT2

Any suggestions? I'm a NF guy myself

Thanks, Jeff

Lot of things to factor in.. How large is yard? Just cutting grass? Is it a big box store purchase?

Sam Mac 06-17-2018 08:41 PM

It's a belt drive lawn mower. If you are going to buy a new Cub it's XT3 or just go get a throw away POS at Lowes or Home Cheapo

Jeff in Pa 06-17-2018 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooperino (Post 457052)
Lot of things to factor in.. How large is yard? Just cutting grass? Is it a big box store purchase?

He didn't say but Sam's response put the nail in the coffin.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Mac (Post 457054)
It's a belt drive lawn mower. If you are going to buy a new Cub it's XT3 or just go get a throw away POS at Lowes or Home Cheapo

Thanks, I'll pass the info :beerchug:

J-Mech 06-17-2018 09:47 PM

It's the simple, short answers the count really. :biggrin2:

Leadslingingdaddy 06-18-2018 06:58 AM

Be brief Be Brilliant Be Gone.......... That's what I tell my employees...

Brevity is the sign of intelligence..

Dirty Steve 06-18-2018 07:23 AM

They are what they are but some of those are EFI. :bigthink:And have you seen the "No tool required blade change system"?:HeeHee:

cooperino 06-18-2018 08:23 AM

My neighbor purchased an XT1 from depot.. Think he misunderstood a conversation we had once...He asked me if I like my cubs and told him yeah I love em. So a couple weeks later he came and got me to show me his Cub. Yup.. A brand new XT1... Well, I told him.. It will certainly cut your grass. He then asked me why I put it that way. I explained the progression these machines had taken from the 1960's through to today's machines. He is not a real mechanical kind of guy and really did not have a clue but he wanted to cut his own grass. He has a smaller property than mine. About an acre minus house footprint, some wooded area and a pool area. I looked over the machine, Helped him adjust his deck wheels and seat. He paid $1400 for the machine, included mulching blades and cover. I went over the maintenance part of the manual with him and told him to follow it and the unit should give him many years of service for what he is looking to do with it. I think these machines do have a place in the world. My neighbor is probably the correct fit for this type of lawn mower. That being said.....If I see him trying to purchase a plow or pull out a stump I will stop him.. Hopefully before he breaks something LOL

olds45512 06-18-2018 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooperino (Post 45709)
Hopefully before he breaks something LOL

Years ago we had a customer that bought a brand new tractor and one day he wanted to pull a tree stump out, he didn't want to scratch the tractor with the chain so he put the chain around his waist and got on the tractor. As you can imagine the second the chain got tight it pulled him off and broke a bunch of ribs in the process. The tractor continued on by itself and went off a cliff. I know I should feel bad for laughing at that story but the first time I heard it I about died. I wasn't sure what was funnier, the fact that he did it or the fact that he admitted to it.

cooperino 06-19-2018 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by olds45512 (Post 457141)
Years ago we had a customer that bought a brand new tractor and one day he wanted to pull a tree stump out, he didn't want to scratch the tractor with the chain so he put the chain around his waist and got on the tractor. As you can imagine the second the chain got tight it pulled him off and broke a bunch of ribs in the process. The tractor continued on by itself and went off a cliff. I know I should feel bad for laughing at that story but the first time I heard it I about died. I wasn't sure what was funnier, the fact that he did it or the fact that he admitted to it.

YOU GOT ME! I nearly spit my damn coffee out my nose just now! lol