Only Cub Cadets

Only Cub Cadets (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/index.php)
-   Implements and Attachments (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Snow blade trouble (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/showthread.php?t=51060)

mrloring 01-10-2018 01:41 PM

Snow blade trouble

2 Attachment(s)
I have a CC100 that came with a snow blade. The old guy that I bought it from was not the original owner and said that he never used the blade. I am having trouble attaching it. After much searching I determined that I need the mule drive attached or plow extension brackets.

I am having trouble with the rear hooks on the subframe. It appears to be at least an inch too narrow to go where the manual says to put it. It does not appear to be modified but he also had a 50" deck hanging under it when I bought it so who knows.

Jeff in Pa 01-10-2018 07:58 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are dimensions from my NF bolt on blade plus how mine attaches.

If your front blade is for a 100, you will need extensions to bolt on to get the 7-1/2" dimension.

Merk 01-10-2018 09:26 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I have the system that needs the mule drive to make it work.

My blade mounts to hole towards the front of the mule drive.

My ears are against the inside of the mule drive. Maybe yours are bent and need moved some.

Do you have the right mule drive? IH Cub Cadets did not come with a 50 inch deck.

mrloring 01-11-2018 12:06 AM

I bought a 38" deck with mule drive so it is the correct mule drive. I figured out the front connection. I struggled because I couldn't find a manual for that style snow plow. It is the rear that I can't figure out. My subframe only measures 9 3/4" between the subframe bars. It is that measure from front to back.

mrloring 01-11-2018 12:22 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Am I trying to hook it over the correct place? The rear of the footpad outside of the frame.

Merk 01-11-2018 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrloring (Post 443842)
Am I trying to hook it over the correct place? The rear of the footpad outside of the frame.

Correct
:Cub2::Cub2::Cub2:

drglinski 01-11-2018 04:58 PM

Yep that's the rockshaft you need to go to

darkminion_17 01-11-2018 06:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
If you add some washers where it has an arrow, it will give you more clearance to get the forking thing next the the lift arm bracket.
It is in mentioned in the installation manual for the plow.

mrloring 01-11-2018 08:30 PM

It looks like I need to install a few washers and bend the subframe out an inch to fit.

Thanks for all of the help.

Gompers 01-11-2018 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrloring (Post 443894)
It looks like I need to install a few washers and bend the subframe out an inch to fit.

Thanks for all of the help.

Yeah I always end up bending mine out with one of those irwin quick grip clamp things turned backwards (squeezing spreads it instead of clamping). The subframe is kinda a pain to install on the narrow frames, IMO.