Only Cub Cadets

Only Cub Cadets (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/index.php)
-   Cub Cadet Lawn Tractor (LT) (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Transmission or seized wheel on my Cub LTX1050 (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/showthread.php?t=53284)

Lindywil 09-07-2018 08:16 PM

Transmission or seized wheel on my Cub LTX1050

My LTX1050 makes an awful going sound and the pedal vibrates when I put it in gear(forward or reverse) but it does not move. It has been parked for a month waiting for a new deck, and started right up,but won’t move. I pulled the transmission release rod behind the seat, and was able to push it, but soon realized that the back right wheel isn’t turning..if this wheel is rusted or otherwise locked, will it affect the transmission? Is there a way to tell if it’s the wheel or the transmission? Now I have a new $600 deck for a mower that won’t move! Thanks in advance.

dale c. 09-08-2018 10:26 AM

might be that the brake is stuck ? jack it up and look it over ... belt slipping could make the pedal shake ?

olds45512 09-08-2018 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dale c. (Post 465732)
might be that the brake is stuck ? jack it up and look it over ... belt slipping could make the pedal shake ?

That's where I would start.

Lindywil 09-08-2018 06:36 PM

I jacked it up and it’s only the right rear wheel that won’t turn. I’ve been trying to remove the wheel to check the brakes but it won’t budge. Should I buy a wheel puller? Is it safe to use the mower lift to lift it by the rear wheels or only the front wheels?

cooperino 09-08-2018 09:02 PM

During the time it was sitting. Was the parking brake set?

jbrewer 09-09-2018 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooperino (Post 465794)
During the time it was sitting. Was the parking brake set?

:bigthink:

Good place to start!

Leadslingingdaddy 09-10-2018 07:09 AM

I’ve been trying to remove the wheel to check the brakes but it won’t budge

In my profession that's called a clue... Start there...A little heat and tap with a hammer may break free any rust that may have it seized to the axle....If that is the issue....

cooperino 09-10-2018 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leadslingingdaddy (Post 465895)
I’ve been trying to remove the wheel to check the brakes but it won’t budge

In my profession that's called a clue... Start there...A little heat and tap with a hammer may break free any rust that may have it seized to the axle....If that is the issue....

The brake on this is not directly behind the wheel and not what is keeping the wheel from coming off. The OP should download the manual and look at brake diagram or follow the linkage back to the brake and see if the brake is holding up the trans which I think is the issue.
The linkage on these tractors is known for getting stuck. Follow the pedal linkage and see where it is stuck. Then lube it and free it up

Leadslingingdaddy 09-10-2018 07:59 AM

The brake on this is not directly behind the wheel and not what is keeping the wheel from coming off.
Exactly....

cooperino 09-10-2018 08:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Leadslingingdaddy (Post 465899)
The brake on this is not directly behind the wheel and not what is keeping the wheel from coming off.
Exactly....

Here is a diagram of the brake portion on the rear end.. Follow the rod number 35 to the brake linkage. That is likely what is jammed up. You should be able to do this with the wheels on the tractor.. Lube it up and tap linkage with a mallet. If you can move the pedal and all you see moving is the spring then the problem is at the brake mechanism on the rear end.