Only Cub Cadets

Only Cub Cadets (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/index.php)
-   CCC/MTD Cub Cadet built Tractors (GT) (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   1864 Speed control problem. (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/showthread.php?t=58564)

dbuck 04-13-2021 02:51 PM

1864 Speed control problem.

Speed will not stay steady. Can set the speed where I want it and all at once it will slow down if I do not give it more speed on the lever it will stop. Also if I turn the steering to full in either direction it will stop. Any ideas or suggestions to cure this problem will be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

:American Flag 1:

ol'George 04-13-2021 04:39 PM

You know what you mean, but we don't.
What lever? the engine RPM is slowing/returning to idle,
or the hydro control is not holding steady, and returning to neutral?
:bigthink:

R Bedell 04-13-2021 05:18 PM

I am going to assume, that you have the correct amount of Hydraulic Fluid, and the Hydro Filter is in good or new condition..??

dbuck 04-13-2021 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ol'George (Post 507990)
You know what you mean, but we don't.
What lever? the engine RPM is slowing/returning to idle,
or the hydro control is not holding steady, and returning to neutral?

It's the hydro lever not holding the speed steady but is staying in the position that I set it in. It is not returning to neutral. I forgot to post, sometime it will take off like a raped ape.

dbuck 04-13-2021 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R Bedell (Post 507991)
I am going to assume, that you have the correct amount of Hydraulic Fluid, and the Hydro Filter is in good or new condition..??

I check all the fluids before I start to mow, everything up to par. I just changed the filter and fluid at the end of last mowing season, while I had the engine out to change the coils.

bugeye 04-14-2021 07:09 AM

Did you use the correct hydro filter and fluid?

Suggest checking the hydro linkage from lever to springs under the frame closure plate between the fender pan and dash tower. Look at every joint connection for wear/looseness and particularly the spring area at the hydro.

Post pictures if any questionable areas.

R Bedell 04-14-2021 07:37 AM

Check the "spirol pin" at the coupler, to the input shaft, of the Sundstrand Hydro, to see if it allows the shaft to rotate at engine speed.

dbuck 04-14-2021 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bugeye (Post 508012)
Did you use the correct hydro filter and fluid?

Suggest checking the hydro linkage from lever to springs under the frame closure plate between the fender pan and dash tower. Look at every joint connection for wear/looseness and particularly the spring area at the hydro.

Post pictures if any questionable areas.

I only use Cub Cadets Parts/fluid on my Cubs. I am going to pull the seat pan and check that area. :American Flag 1:

dbuck 04-14-2021 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R Bedell (Post 508016)
Check the "spirol pin" at the coupler, to the input shaft, of the Sundstrand Hydro, to see if it allows the shaft to rotate at engine speed.

I know you explained where this pin is located. But I will be darned if I could find one. I did find a spline shaft out the hydro and a spline coupler on the driveshaft.

dbuck 04-14-2021 03:36 PM

I am wondering if this could be part of my speed problem or not. there are 5 different speeds on the dash decal. I can put the lever in #1 and the tractor does not move. I have to go to #2 to get the tractor to move. Also Thanks to everyone that has replied I really appreciate it.