Only Cub Cadets

PLEASE PATRONIZE OUR SPONSORS!

CC Speciaalties R. F. Houtz and Sons

Patton Acres IH Cub Cadet Parts

Cub Cadet Parts & Service

If you would like to help maintain this site & enhance it, feel free to donate whatever amount you would like to!

Attention Folks we have a new owner!
Greg Rozar AKA- CubDieselFan

Go Back   Only Cub Cadets > Cub Cadets > IH Cub Cadet Tractors (GT)

Notices

Old 06-25-2011, 10:23 PM
Grand Member

Default Added more IH equipment

Ok I have a problem!
On the way to help a friend this morning I remembered a Cub setting along the road, near Union City PA.
It was still there, so I stopped and spoke with the owner. I took a look at it and it is a 147 that has had a very rough life. It needs everything. Not sure it can be saved? Maybe with you guys to help
Anyway the guy said make a offer. I did and he said it was mine. The 147, with wheel weights, a 42 in snow blower and a 42 inch mower deck. All of this stuff has been setting outside for quite some time and is in rough shape.
The 14 hp motor was not froze up. But the pedal for the hydro was froze in the up position?? I know these hydros are hard to move when not running so not sure how I may get it loaded.
The 147 tractor and deck has been painted red where the yellow would be. I would doubt that this 147 was painted red originally??? I have only seen yellow ones.
Oh I did break the news to the wife and I am still allowed to sleep in the house She has put up with me for 40 years, she knows I am nuts!
Hope to get this project home and get some pictures, I am not expecting much from this equipment and will be surprised if it can be brought back to working order?
I thought the snow thrower might be a nice project too?
And the deck may be in better shape that the one that I have just completed.
Sorry no pictures yet
Regards,
Chris

Cubs: 147R and the "train", 127 elec lift, 127, 125, 106, 102, 100, 86, 73, Brinly plow, Snow thrower, 2 Rototillers, several mower decks and several snow plows, #1 cart, Grandkids barrel cart.
Old 06-25-2011, 10:26 PM
Grand Member

Sugarmaker
Hopefully you can get it back up and running
Old 06-25-2011, 10:36 PM
Grand Member

Diz,
Thanks! I know anything can be done with enough time money and patience.
This one looks like a real challenge. I did like the 147 that I bought a month ago and gave to my son. Most of the others I have bought have not been played with this much. Hope to get it home within a week. I like to work on them and try to get them at least running. This one has had the wiring system just about destroyed. Gage is out of the dash and several other things! This may be my chance to get into that area? I am better on the mechanical than electrical!
I assume they sell replacement wiring harness for these Cubs? Any suggestions will be helpful!
Regards,
Chris

Cubs: 147R and the "train", 127 elec lift, 127, 125, 106, 102, 100, 86, 73, Brinly plow, Snow thrower, 2 Rototillers, several mower decks and several snow plows, #1 cart, Grandkids barrel cart.
Old 06-25-2011, 10:40 PM
Banned

Congrats Chris! Lots of goodies with it too! Looking forward to your pics!
Old 06-25-2011, 10:48 PM
Grand Member

Duke,
I am REALLY going to need help from this forum and guys like you if this red 147 will ever mow grass again
Have a good evening!
I may have to think about picking this tractor up this week. I need something to work on
Regards,
Chris

Old 06-25-2011, 11:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarmaker View Post
Duke,
I am REALLY going to need help from this forum and guys like you if this red 147 will ever mow grass again
Have a good evening!
I may have to think about picking this tractor up this week. I need something to work on
Regards,
Chris
Chris we've got your back and your tech info too!
Old 06-25-2011, 11:08 PM
Grand Member

Congrats! Can't wait to see your pics.

My Grandpa's Cart
Craftsman Lawn Sweeper
Craftsman Plug Aerator
Old 06-26-2011, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarmaker View Post
Diz,
This one has had the wiring system just about destroyed. Gage is out of the dash and several other things! This may be my chance to get into that area? I am better on the mechanical than electrical!
I assume they sell replacement wiring harness for these Cubs? Any suggestions will be helpful!
Regards,
Chris
Here is basic 147 harness:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Cub-Cadet-Wiring...item415b1b4ae7

Here is one with headlights:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Cub-Cadet-72-104...item415b1b5500

here is one with electric lift and headlights:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Cub-Cadet-107-12...item415b1b58b2

I bought one from them for my 149, have yet to install it and try it out, but it sure looks nice and looks to be built well.
IH Red 782 with weights and sleeve hitch!
IH snow blade, Brinly plow, Brinly disk, Brinly harrow, Johnson rear blade, and a #2 IH Cart
Old 06-26-2011, 11:46 AM

good find sugar, let me know if you need any thing. does it have the electric lift?
Old 06-27-2011, 12:59 PM
Grand Member

Shouldwe,
What I need is a new tractor driven between the wheels
Westofb,
Thanks for the info on the wiring! yes it has lights and electric lift too. I will check it out.

I did get it home yesterday! The wife was really pleased too I surprised her that is was red.
This is the worst condition tractor that I have brought home. I am really considering using it as a parts tractor?? What do you guys do with the really rough ones? PO has touched or ruined just about everything.
I did steal the front hangers off the mower deck to put on the deck I just completed and then bought another set from local Cub dealer. Yep I have a problem!!
I will have some pictures soon. Have to do the work thing to pay for Cub stuff.
I think the snow blower may be the only thing that has not been "monkey'ed up" Its pretty rusty but seemed free for part of a rotation.

Back on the CUB any ideas how or why the linkages for the hydro, foot and lever are froze up? I think they may be rusted, the amp gauge is out of the dash along with the choke and lift switch. so maybe water went right into the hydro linkage??? Will look at that tonight, Just have to tear into it. I have gotten every one prior running and moving. Thats my goal. Oil in engine looks clean and fairly fresh. 14 HP guys why is there a oil filler port on the left side of the block?

This has a nice DIGO turf tire on the rear on the left side 12 x 10.5 x 23. Do you guys know any thing about those? The other rear tire is junk. Would like to get a big set of AG tires for those rims.

Sorry for all the questions,
Nice day in ERIE PA, should be home working on a Cub Cadet!
Regards,
Chris