Only Cub Cadets

PLEASE PATRONIZE OUR SPONSORS!

CC Specialties R. F. Houtz and Sons Jeff in Pa.

Cub Cadet Parts & Service

If you would like to help maintain this site & enhance it, feel free to donate whatever amount you would like to!

Attention Folks we have a new owner!
Greg Rozar AKA- CubDieselFan

Go Back   Only Cub Cadets > Cub Cadets > Tractor pullers using Cub Cadets!

Notices

Old 08-28-2015, 09:07 PM
Grand Member

typically if you are a puller you turn the ignition off. grab your kill switch that pulled out and put it back in. the short period of time it takes to do all this wouldn't hurt anything. left with ignition on all afternoon grounded then the coil and points would be junk. it would be the same with ignition on and points closed on anything with points. in the 41 years I've been pulling I've never had a kill switch pulled or fall out. seen it happen maybe a dozen times. if I just count NQS events. 6 events x 12 years x 300 tractors minimum per event = 21600 tractors I've seen go down the track. I've probably actually seen over 40,000 garden tractors go down the track counting local pulls. personally on my current tractor when the kill switch is pulled and it opens the ground turning off the ignition, fuel pump and vacuum pump . so if I've seen maybe 12 kill switch's come out during 40,000 runs the risk of having to have your kill switch pulled is 1 in 3333 . I'd buy a coil with those odds if it instantly failed. I don't know about you guys but I carry a spare kill switch, coil, coil wire , plugs , ignition module , fuel pump, clutch disc , driveshaft , driveshaft bolts, throw out bearing, rod bearing, lifters, valves and springs ,ring and pinion, if I ran a head gasket I'd carry one but a tube of sealant works for me. when both my brother and I ran NQS full time during the years we won NQS championships we had a complete rearend and VPE pro stock/super stock motor in the trailer just in case.
haven't figured out why I carry a rod bearing but one might be surprised by what can be done with a roll of emery paper
Old 08-28-2015, 09:38 PM
Grand Member

Well you are certainly experienced @ pulling, I've not pulled any tractors just used them on the farm.
I just didn't like the wiring setup.
As a side note,I don't think the points would be hurt if the kill was left actuated with that setup , as the kill would carry the current also.
Guess I just think too much.
Carry on sir, and do what is proven to work for you.
I'm never too old to learn.
Old 08-29-2015, 01:58 PM

That's good info guys. Does anyone run a kill switch while still using their mower for daily tasks? Based off what Dvogtvpe said it should effect the daily use ability and shouldn't kill it randomly. I would be using the basis coil kill switch.

Also I know Midwest cub has kill switches. And there was one in the previous post but has anyone else ran another one and liked the set up? Thank you
Front mount snow blower
Front Mount Push Blade
Red Spring Aluminium clutch
Old 08-29-2015, 11:14 PM
Grand Member

the Super Cub kill switch is a trailer breakaway switch,