Only Cub Cadets

PLEASE PATRONIZE OUR SPONSORS!

CC Speciaalties R. F. Houtz and Sons

Patton Acres IH Cub Cadet Parts

Cub Cadet Parts & Service

If you would like to help maintain this site & enhance it, feel free to donate whatever amount you would like to!

Attention Folks we have a new owner!
Greg Rozar AKA- CubDieselFan

Go Back   Only Cub Cadets > Off Topic > General Talk

Notices

Old 07-17-2014, 03:52 AM

Default Firearms discussions

First, it's totally cool with me if it is. It just seems that a lot of guys into old tractors are also into firearms. It would be fun to shoot the bull and see what other guys are using to hunt or target practice with.

I TOTALLY understand if the topic is taboo here.
Old 07-17-2014, 06:42 AM
Administrator

Max

The Mods are discussing this topic and we will give you an answer ASAP.

OK guys here's the deal, we are going to let this continue. If it get's out of control that will be the end of it. Absolutely no political crap. If you post something that we deem inappropriate it will just disappear with no explanation. If your post goes away you will know you crossed the line, at that point if you start a rant you will go away so don't be stupid. This will be about fire arms and ammo period.
BX2670 with FEL
Old 07-17-2014, 07:27 AM
Grand Member

i'd think talking about guns themselves would be fine as long as the politics of everything that's going on is left out of the discussion. just my opinion.
Old 07-17-2014, 07:37 AM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by olds45512 View Post
i'd think talking about guns themselves would be fine as long as the politics of everything that's going on is left out of the discussion. just my opinion.
I agree, however; it's hard for some people to leave politics out of guns.

Old 07-17-2014, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbob200521 View Post
I agree, however; it's hard for some people to leave politics out of guns.
Agreed. Seems the notion, discussion and especially pics brings on a lot of attention. And usually not the type the poster desired. Days are long gone that you bring your cool new rifle to school to show off to the teachers.
Old 07-17-2014, 11:23 AM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 782CC View Post
Days are long gone that you bring your cool new rifle to school to show off to the teachers.
LMAO, you are correct! I remember during hunting/deer season half of the pick-ups in the parking lot at school had gun racks with a shotgun in the back window... INCLUDING SEVERAL TEACHERS. And my most impure thought was "Man, I wish I could take off work this afternoon and go hunting instead".
Old 07-17-2014, 11:55 AM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosemite Sam View Post
LMAO, you are correct! I remember during hunting/deer season half of the pick-ups in the parking lot at school had gun racks with a shotgun in the back window... INCLUDING SEVERAL TEACHERS. And my most impure thought was "Man, I wish I could take off work this afternoon and go hunting instead".
Firearm ownership has been ruined by the classic "one bad apple ruins it for the bunch". You get a couple psychos doing stuff 99% of the population would NEVER dream of, media and news stations blowing it up all over the country, and all of a sudden we panic in the big government saying we don't need clips larger than 10 rounds, no automatic weapons, yada yada yada. All this while they are stockpiling more ammunition than ever before in history.

Wait, is this the kind of gun talk we don't want? Rant OVER.

All that being said, I'm all for discussion and pictures of FIREARMS, not debate on political agenda or pretty much anything I said above. It should be a place to cut loose, and show off a few toys, a thread like the Hunting & Fishing one we have. Simple, clean, and fun for all

Old 07-17-2014, 12:24 PM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbob200521 View Post
Firearm ownership has been ruined by the classic "one bad apple ruins it for the bunch". You get a couple psychos doing stuff 99% of the population would NEVER dream of, media and news stations blowing it up all over the country, and all of a sudden we panic in the big government saying we don't need clips larger than 10 rounds, no automatic weapons, yada yada yada. All this while they are stockpiling more ammunition than ever before in history.

Wait, is this the kind of gun talk we don't want? Rant OVER.

All that being said, I'm all for discussion and pictures of FIREARMS, not debate on political agenda or pretty much anything I said above. It should be a place to cut loose, and show off a few toys, a thread like the Hunting & Fishing one we have. Simple, clean, and fun for all
I agree, i dont see anything wrong with pics and general discussion of guns as long as everybody keeps the politics out of it. Im sure the mods wont care unless it turns into a thread they have to baby sit.
Old 07-17-2014, 12:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by olds45512 View Post
Im sure the mods wont care unless it turns into a thread they have to baby sit.
We're still discussing it guys. As soon as we have a consensus we'll let you know.
Old 07-17-2014, 12:41 PM
Grand Member

Unfortunately,
Topics like this always stray south and end up getting political. I've seen it happen on other forums. This thread is a topic just to see if it is allowed and there is already politics being pulled into it. I don't have anything against guns or gun ownership, but this is a cub cadet forum. Any reason to pull guns onto this type of forum? Aren't there forums out there discussing guns? I don't know so that's why I'm asking. We'll see what the mods decide. I don't care either way and they would be the ones watching those threads.

Diesel Cub Cadets...........