Only Cub Cadets

PLEASE PATRONIZE OUR SPONSORS!

CC Specialties R. F. Houtz and Sons Jeff in Pa.

Cub Cadet Parts & Service

If you would like to help maintain this site & enhance it, feel free to donate whatever amount you would like to!

Attention Folks we have a new owner!
Greg Rozar AKA- CubDieselFan

Go Back   Only Cub Cadets > Cub Cadets > IH Cub Cadet Tractors (GT)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2018, 11:55 AM
Administrator

Mr Cooper:

Your question was answered on Post #2.

Custom fabrication almost always involves a "one of a kind" design. The next guy attempting the same task will, usually take a different route.

Coming here asking about a "custom fabrication" and then become amazed that someone hasn't did exactly what you want to do, seems a tad unrealistic.

Granted there a few that have a "blunt way" of responding, but you have to face the fact that there may not be an answer for your task, in that no one has done it.

Looks like I will have to monitor this thread to see if it gets out of hand.

CC Models: 100, 105, 1450, 782, (2) 784, & 2072

Buy: Made in the USA
Old 05-20-2018, 12:34 PM
Grand Member

R Bedell,

You are absolutely 100% correct In saying the question was answered in the 2nd post which was by you. Right after that I said OK.. time to break out the mig and torches. As new posts came in this got darker and darker of a post. I think about 5 or so different people responded to the post. It was only up for a day I think. I was under the assumption that it would take several days of waiting for a member to log in and give some input that has done something similar to what I am thinking of doing. Honestly I would not mind waiting to hear from someone that came in and said something like,Yes, Ive done a wide frame high Vac deck on a narrow frame. be aware of this or that... That would have been great. As I said before. I was just looking to educate myself some from someone who has done something similar before jumping right into it. "BTW, I have NO problem with jumping into small projects like this without asking anyone anything" I just figured this time maybe I would get some information from someone "if theres someone" out there. This is the reason I joined OCC to begin with right.

I was not amazed by there not being someone here that has done what I am looking to do. What I was amazed by was the extra unnecessary cross talk and input that really had nothing to do with the question. Early on in this post one of them said to me. You have a 1211 and a 126. the 1211 has the high vac deck and bagger. Why not just use that he asked.. Well while I can understand why he would think like this what does it really have to do with my original question? Another person commented my 126 would not "have the balls" Im sure you saw the out come of that and we all know they are both 12hp engines and the 46" worked fine on the 1211. I am a fairly well educated middle aged man that has been around the block. It stands to reason that a very small percentage of OCC members have been here in the last 24 hours. If you really do not have some input that fits a post correctly why post? I would have been happy to wait days or weeks to hear from that one guy that maybe attempted something like this or has one thats working and would give some input. No where in my post did I say this is an emergency and I need input right now.
Old 05-20-2018, 12:41 PM
Administrator

Quote:
time to break out the mig and torches
Good Deal....

As a suggestion, when you get done with your project, snap some pictures and give us a report (good or bad) on your findings.

CC Models: 100, 105, 1450, 782, (2) 784, & 2072

Buy: Made in the USA
Old 05-20-2018, 01:34 PM
Grand Member

I sure will... Got both the tractors side by side, decks, carriages, bull gear off. Will take my measurements, create my drawings today then is
beer 30 Ill steal all materials needed from my shop tomorrow and get started on her. Between you and me. the 1211 has always done a good job. I just like the 126 a whole lot more and I have some things planned for the 1211 that do no include a deck. I hate dead grass clippings all over the yard and lines. To me its a pain in the ass to blow after cutting. The 46 deck on the 1211 worked awesome so why not put it on the 126. It might not be the easiest solution but Im ok with that.. To me the easiest solution would be to go buy a brand new XT, I just can't bring myself to owning plastic.
Old 05-20-2018, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperino View Post
I was under the assumption that it would take several days of waiting for a member to log in and give some input that has done something similar to what I am thinking of doing. Honestly I would not mind waiting to hear from someone that came in and said something like,Yes, Ive done a wide frame high Vac deck on a narrow frame. be aware of this or that... That would have been great.
Post 2 assumed it couldn't be done because he hadn't tried it. Post 5 said he did it. It didn't work because the tractor couldn't handle it. Post 17 said he tried. It didn't work because it required too much fabrication and wasn't worth the effort.

So, you got your answers of someone who hadn't done it but commented anyway, someone who had done it, and someone who had tried to do it. I'm confused why you're getting your feelings hurt when you got exactly what you were looking for?
Old 05-20-2018, 02:05 PM
Grand Member

Im not hurt at all. But you should maybe re read those posts your talking about. There was no assumption made in post number 2. One of the posts said it worked but underpowered.. He might have had some answers to lend but it never got that far. Hell, for all I know his governor gear was worn out.. I was not asking about the power of the engine. I was simply asking about the actually fitment of that deck on a 126. Sorry. but your response is the most convoluted yet.. I know all these other posters are your buddies and you would like to put up a good front for them but after the last 3 posts was yours really needed?
Old 05-20-2018, 02:30 PM
Banned

Cooperino.....
Buddy, I've got the same background as you. Heavy equipment and fabrication. If I wanted to put a John Deere deck on a Cub, it would be done. But I would not come on this board looking for advice. As a long time member, I'm well aware of the abilities of the membership, and the desire of most of us to keep things as original as possible. There are exceptions though, and and members who can put a JD deck (example only) on a Cub and make it look like it came that way. Rescue11 is one of those guys. But, since you seem so adamant that our advice is bad, and no one is answering your questions, then show us how good you are. Again, as an experienced fabricator and mechanic on large equipment, I don't need help.... you shouldn't either. But if you want to argue about who's helpful, and when someone should or shouldn't post, I'd be glad to engage. I don't think the thread would make it very far though, as I'm willing to bet it is about to be closed. I assure you, the only person on this board who has done what you are asking and posted about it, is Rescue11. If anyone else has, they've kept quiet about it.

One more thing..... even if I had done it, I wouldn't give any advice on how to do it. I make a living working on equipment. I assume anyone who has the ability to fabricate can figure it out for themselves. If you need to ask questions.... I assume either you are lazy, or not able. Like Roland says, there is more than one way to make a fabrication like this work.... my way and your way might differ. But I'm not going to post up info, measurements and advice on a custom build that I put hard work and money into, without compensation. I know Rescue11 feels the same way, as someone wanted his plans for a 3pt, hydraulic dump rear bucket.... and he wouldn't give the info out. So, I think you're on your own.

By the way, I have no idea what you keep calling a "bull gear".
Old 05-20-2018, 03:10 PM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperino View Post
Breaks out the torches and welder.... I guess the tape measure will be needed a little also.. Good rainy day to get started on it!
That quote J was the 3rd post on this topic. That sound like someone who is lazy or cant do this ? You sure make a lot of assumptions dont ya.. Don't worry. I would never ask you for anything,, let alone pay you. You all made the choice to weigh in.. Even after the 3rd post where I had pretty much decided I would just go and do it. Excuse me for thinking anyone here would want to share any real past project exp..Oh.. and BTW CC is not the only type of equipment with MULE DRIVE AKA on other types of equipment BULL GEAR.. But You have enough exp with heavy equipment right.. you already knew that term.
Old 05-20-2018, 03:13 PM
Banned

Yeah, I do know that term. A bull gear is a GEAR. It's found in transmissions and gear boxes. A mule drive is a DRIVE.... NO GEAR. There is no other piece of equipment where a belt drive mechanism is referred to a bull gear. You sure you have worked on equipment?
Old 05-20-2018, 03:18 PM
Grand Member

1993 Cub Cadet 2064
1988 Cub Cadet 2072
1980 IH Cub Cadet 782 w/CH20
1966 IH Cub Cadet 102 w/K301
1961 IH Cub Cadet O
1967 IH Cub Cadet 102 & 122

JD 2155 w/ 175 loader
Closed Thread