Only Cub Cadets

PLEASE PATRONIZE OUR SPONSORS!

CC Speciaalties R. F. Houtz and Sons

Patton Acres IH Cub Cadet Parts

Cub Cadet Parts & Service

If you would like to help maintain this site & enhance it, feel free to donate whatever amount you would like to!

Attention Folks we have a new owner!
Greg Rozar AKA- CubDieselFan

Go Back   Only Cub Cadets > Cub Cadets > CCC/MTD Cub Cadet built Tractors (GT)

Notices

Old 07-12-2016, 12:33 PM

Default Several issues on a 3208

Hello,

First post here. Looks like there is a ton of knowledge here and I am hoping to get some guidance on bringing my new to me 3208 back up to snuff. I'm a tractor newbie so bear with me! Another difficulty is the tractor is at our camp 90 mins away, so this work will be done overtime...

There are several issues that I have, maybe we can take a quick stab at them all, or I can break them out into separate posts if that would be better.

1) The wire harness to the headlight had melted and was shorting to the frame, and blowing fuses. I found the wires and have put electric tape on them, but I would like a permanent solution. SHould I replace the wires or splice in a piece? Also can someone post a picture of how the wires *should* be routed to avoid contact with the radiator shield that it melted against?

2) Cruise control will set, but pops back out after 10 feet. How does this mechanism engauge, I can see the tod going into the floor by the pedestal, but then what

3) Forward speed is 4.1MHP. I have read through
http://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=20818
I have not taken the deck off yet, I just found the deck manual with instructions, once thats off I can get a picture. from looking at
http://www.cubcadet.com/equipment/AR...0-A/0053500003

Is the main adjustment between parts 44 and 45? Should the forward and reverse pedals be the sam height when stopped?

3) Seat won't adjust. I assume I need to take the seat off, and clean out the mechanism. (no guidance needed on this one yet...)

4) The right hand lift rod has sheared off, and needs replacing, anything I should be aware of?
part 16 here http://www.cubcadet.com/equipment/AR...0-A/0053500011

Thanks!
-Jon
Old 07-12-2016, 10:53 PM
Senior Moderator

Jon,

#1- Here is how my 3205 is routed. It also has the Kawi FD620 motor but is an older machine so I'm not sure yours will be the same. The wires come through the firewall well below the radiator(arrow pointing up) but they do get close to the muffler up front where the other arrow is.

I would just solder them together and heat shrink them.

DSC02759.jpg

#2 My cruise does the same thing. I almost went flying over the hood one day when it kicked out on me...kinda scary.

I need to fix mine too, sorry, can't help on that one.

#3 I think that is it but I have not has to adjust any of mine yet.

Yes, pull the seat and clean the rails real good. I've had to do that on a few of them.

#4 What broke it or is that how you got it?
Old 07-14-2016, 03:13 PM

Default Thanks

The lift rod was broken when I got it, as far as I can tell

I'll update on the other items after I get some time with it again.

thanks,
Jon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrury View Post
Hello,

First post here. Looks like there is a ton of knowledge here and I am hoping to get some guidance on bringing my new to me 3208 back up to snuff. I'm a tractor newbie so bear with me! Another difficulty is the tractor is at our camp 90 mins away, so this work will be done overtime...

There are several issues that I have, maybe we can take a quick stab at them all, or I can break them out into separate posts if that would be better.

1) The wire harness to the headlight had melted and was shorting to the frame, and blowing fuses. I found the wires and have put electric tape on them, but I would like a permanent solution. SHould I replace the wires or splice in a piece? Also can someone post a picture of how the wires *should* be routed to avoid contact with the radiator shield that it melted against?

2) Cruise control will set, but pops back out after 10 feet. How does this mechanism engauge, I can see the tod going into the floor by the pedestal, but then what

I have not taken the deck off yet, I just found the deck manual with instructions, once thats off I can get a picture. from looking at

Is the main adjustment between parts 44 and 45? Should the forward and reverse pedals be the sam height when stopped?

3) Seat won't adjust. I assume I need to take the seat off, and clean out the mechanism. (no guidance needed on this one yet...)

4) The right hand lift rod has sheared off, and needs replacing, anything I should be aware of?

Thanks!
-Jon
Old 11-10-2017, 10:30 AM

Default an update

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrury View Post
Hello,

Thanks!
-Jon
I now have the GT moved to my house to work on.

1) I have new shrink tubing on the wire harness and I have cleaned out the radiator, hopefully it will run cooler now.

2) Cruise control still pops out, I have cleaned the teeth where it engages with the linkages under the floorboard, but it still pops out... any solutions out there?

3) speed: I've adjusted the linkage under the floorboards, and gotten lots of forward speed, but no reverse. So I have to dial it in. I also have a new bushing for a warn one on the reverse peddle. It seems there is a fair amount of slope when moving fro forward to reverse before there is any actual motion in the link to the transmission. I'm hoping the busing helps, if not, I'll post video.

4)Seat... sprayed with some liquid wrench, and hit it with a hammer... now its adjustable again

5) lift rod has been replaced.

I have also changed transmission hydro fluid and filter, and engine oil and filter. Greased fittings, etc.

Only must change item is the speed, that I am still dialing in on.

Then onto optional items... LED bulbs for the headlight, maybe some all trails for the rear.

-Jon
Old 11-29-2017, 01:17 PM

I finally got the forward/reverse linkage dialed in. I replaced the bushing (#42 on the parts diagram) and then fiddled with the linkages. I drove around for 10 mins to warm up the fluids, then With the deck removed, put the parking break on. Loosened both the double bolt connections (one on the side for the reverse pedal, and one under the tunnel. I then raised both pedals to their natural high. If I over raised them it then affected the break position. Once they were raised, I tightened both linkages.

I now have much increased forward and reverse. I'll try to get out tonight and do a GPS tracking to get a speed.

-Jon

Tags
3000 series