Only Cub Cadets

PLEASE PATRONIZE OUR SPONSORS!

CC Speciaalties R. F. Houtz and Sons

Patton Acres IH Cub Cadet Parts

Cub Cadet Parts & Service

If you would like to help maintain this site & enhance it, feel free to donate whatever amount you would like to!

Attention Folks we have a new owner!
Greg Rozar AKA- CubDieselFan

Go Back   Only Cub Cadets > Cub Cadets > Implements and Attachments

Notices

Old 03-30-2009, 09:50 PM

Default Tiller Lift

I have this lift pin on my tractor,came with the tractor not the tiller.I did not get one with the tiller.This pin lifts the brinly hitch,The one you hook a plow to,ect.
Is there a different pin??? this one seems a bit short and kinda limits the up and down movement of the tiller.I made the height adjuster as the tiller didnt have that ither,It drops down into the angel gear box.
If you have the correct pin could you measure it for me so I have an idea what its length is?

I also welcome/covet all pictures of the correct height adjustment and how many links there are in the chain,And the pin.

Thanks alot
Jason
Old 03-30-2009, 09:55 PM

The correct term I belive for the "pin" is.....REAR SLEEVE HITCH LIFT PIN.......

LOL
Couldnt think of it!!!
Jason
Old 03-30-2009, 10:26 PM
murphycc

Jason I don't have that style anymore so I can't measure anything for you however it maybe that the pin is incerted into the casting too far and you may be able to press it out to a more desirable length. It's only round stock and you can make your own. You'll want if loose any way so you can turn it for use with other attachments.

Scott
Old 03-31-2009, 06:16 AM

Jason,
I'll try to get out and measure my pin for you after work tonight. Also, great work on the height adjuster! Mine was missing and only had a nut on it when I got it. How did you make that? I was thinking of making something like that for mine, but wasnt' sure how I wanted to tackle it. Yes, the pin for the tiller and plow are different. Were you saying that you needed a new pin for your plow? If so, I think that I might have a spare around in the garage somewhere. Jason
Old 03-31-2009, 08:50 AM

Jason, scott,
I dont need one for my plow,I belive the one I have is for the plow.The pin in the above picture has a lip/ridge/washer all the way around it that stops it from going into the cast peice any farther. at the back it sticks out a bit where there is a big old cotter pin that holds it in place.If I take the cotter pin out the pin is loose enough to work itself out. I took it out last year to move the pin out some to line up with where the chain hooks to the tiller but it ended up falling out!! I am pretty sure this pin is ment for,came with the brinly lift bracket.

Jason
Yes sir if you could measure the entire length of your pin and how far it sticks out of the cast peice that would be great,I did find a place last night,cub cadet warehouse,that sells a pin labled for use with the tillers. I will post some pictures of the height adjustor tonight.

Thanks Jason
Old 04-01-2009, 07:17 PM

Jason, sorry it took me so long to get some measurements. The length of my pin for the tiller is 7 5/16". from the inside end (part that is inside the cast piece)to the ring is 3 15/16", which should leave 3 3/8" outside the end of the cast piece. Hope this helps. Jason