Only Cub Cadets

PLEASE PATRONIZE OUR SPONSORS!

CC Speciaalties R. F. Houtz and Sons

Patton Acres IH Cub Cadet Parts

Cub Cadet Parts & Service

If you would like to help maintain this site & enhance it, feel free to donate whatever amount you would like to!

Attention Folks we have a new owner!
Greg Rozar AKA- CubDieselFan

Go Back   Only Cub Cadets > Off Topic > Prayer room

Notices

Old 07-14-2016, 12:45 AM
Grand Member

Thanks ever so much everyone for the support.
Well tomorrow he goes to the old age home, because they say he's a high risk to fall, and has some memory/ thought issues, well hell I've got that.
Anyway, he "seems" okay with it, but did ask if he get's stronger, can I come home? Yes I told him, but he's got to be able to function alone at times because someone can't be here all the time.
Then the darn nursing home said he wouldn't qualify for the medicare first 100 days, because he's to good of physical condition. They would pay the first 100 days, before we would have to start paying, but I guess he's too healthy to qualify... Did you ever hear such stupidity as that?
He needs 24 hour care, BUT he's to healthy too qualify for the first 100 days. Idiots, is all I can say.
I want him home where he would be comfortable, but there's no way we can take care of him every hour of every day. I mean he don't really need anything except someone to walk with him if he needs to get up to go to the head, or from the bed to the chair. But if Nancy's at work what the heck am I going to do if he falls, or gets up in the middle of the night and decides he's going for a walk and falls down and injures himself. All possibilities.
I recall him telling me, he said, "if I ever get to where I need to go to one of these places, take me down in the woods and put a bullet in my head, you wouldn't put your dog through that, and I hope the hell you wouldn't put your father through it."
Makes me feel "real good" doing this to him. Just when you think you've had a crappy day and it couldn't possibly get any worst, don't believe it.
Enough of my whining for one night. Take those that are close to you, and bring them closer, and let them know how much they mean to you, cause it could all change in a new york minute.
Very nice write up there Maxwell, thanks.

Original's Face Lift thread.http://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=34439
(O) Start to Finish video.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAoUNNiLwKs
Wheel Around videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUL-m6Bramk
They can't all be turn key!
Old 07-14-2016, 10:42 PM
Grand Member

Thoughts and prayers continued, Todd!

My Grandpa's Cart
Craftsman Lawn Sweeper
Craftsman Plug Aerator
Old 07-14-2016, 11:14 PM
Banned

Think about you every day Todd. Tough to read your posts... Praying for you buddy.
Old 07-14-2016, 11:24 PM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub Cadet 123 View Post
Sorry Todd, I just saw this thread. It sounds like they are trying an aggressive approach toward his chemo. Your dad is a strong willed man.....and so is his son (you). The idle time that you have can be havoc on your psyche, reflect on those memories and not only smile because they happened, but stay positive for many more!! Harpo (Adolph) Marx, said in his book (Harpo Speaks), "It's sad when someone passes and even sadder when a great man passes. Its doubly sad when the greatness passes before the man." Sounds like your dad is going to need someone to keep the spirits up and never lose hope for what might be. It's not just the person in our life, but the life in the person that takes our breathe away and forever imprints in our memory.

When my dad was in the hospital with multiple myeloma, another man told me that he had the same thing and the doctors gave him 6 months to live and then he told me that was 11 years ago! Only One Being knows and abides by that timeline.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Cub Cadet 123
Very well said!!

Todd, I pray daily for strength and guidance for you and your family!!

And will continue to do so!

Take care and thanks for the continuous updates!!

40 years of Using and playing with IH Cub Cadets!

Proud owner of the following:
Cub Farmall, Super A Farmall, Original, (2)70's, 72, 100, 102, 123, 105, 125, 127, 108, 128, 1450, (3)782's, Yellow 982, 1782, "Sam's" 2182, M Farmall and a #7 trailer
Old 07-15-2016, 08:24 AM
Grand Member

Sorry to hear Todd, prayers sent.
Old 07-15-2016, 11:01 AM

"Makes me feel "real good" doing this to him."

You are doing nothing but taking care of him. You are not "doing this to him", life does this to everyone that lives long enough.
You are a fine son taking care of him and doing what needs to be done, even if it isn't what you would like to do.
We can't always do what we want to do but reality dictates certain actions and I would say that you're doing a very loving thing.
Of course you can't take him to the woods and shoot him, those were just words made long ago, we've all said such things.
Keep up the good work and know that you're doing what needs to be done and doing it with care and love in your heart. What else could one ask for.

Cubs: 71, 72, 127, 149, 1440, 2186 and 1864
John Deere 110 round fender
John Deere 140 H3
Sears: GTV16
Old 07-15-2016, 08:09 PM
Grand Member

God bless, prayers sent.

Nik,
Old 07-15-2016, 11:32 PM
Grand Member

Thanks guys. I just seem to beat myself up over this, seeing it's out of my control, and can't fix it...
But it is a part of life that everyone goes through, and some went through it much earlier than us.
Thanks for listening.

Original's Face Lift thread.http://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=34439
Old 07-16-2016, 03:32 PM
Grand Member

That's what we are here for, Todd. I know how you feel, it got my mom 14 years ago. Cancer doesn't just affect the person that has it.

My Grandpa's Cart
Craftsman Lawn Sweeper
Craftsman Plug Aerator
Old 07-24-2016, 12:07 AM
Grand Member

Well the latest update. Monday Nancy took father to the oncologist, and they tested his blood, and the first dose of chemo really messed with his white blood cells, so had to stop treatment. They told her it would kill him quicker than the cancer.
So today we went to sign him up for hospice, because of the excruciating pain he's having and not being able to eat, and drinking very little over the past couple weeks. They have more "tricks" up their sleeves for keeping him comfortable than the nursing home or their Dr.s.
Trying to keep him as comfortable as possible is my biggest concern/priority at this point, so hospice is the best choice. I don't think there's much time left, but he should make his 77th birthday on the 27th.
He said something today about a 14 year old girl he saw on TV last night from a town here in WI who has an incurable disease, type 2 spinal muscular atrophy. She's in constant pain, and is only 14. He said, "see, like you always say, things could be worst".