Only Cub Cadets

PLEASE PATRONIZE OUR SPONSORS!

CC Specialties R. F. Houtz and Sons Jeff in Pa.

Cub Cadet Parts & Service

If you would like to help maintain this site & enhance it, feel free to donate whatever amount you would like to!

Attention Folks we have a new owner!
Greg Rozar AKA- CubDieselFan

Go Back   Only Cub Cadets > Cub Cadets > Implements and Attachments

Notices

Old 07-24-2013, 02:36 PM

Default 1440 - 42"GT 190-320 deck issues

I've a 1440 deck with some pulley alignment issues that it would be great to have a service manual to confirm some information. The parts images are available from maybe a vendor or two but I haven't been able to come up with a service manual for it. The 1440 owners manual only covers the tractor, there's no mention of implements other than see your dealer etc.

I'd like some routing information for the belts. The situation with this deck is an obvious misalignment of the large "double pulley". The plate it attaches to displays no damage but there's obviously a situation with the pulley being "plumb" to the mounting plate. It seems it needs to be "plumb" and if you've knowledge of it being otherwise I'd appreciate some insight.

Anybody have a 'pdf for this deck? I don't believe the serial number of the deck is of any importance but if so it's 359075.

I've searched the implement section I thought well and also the GT section with no luck.

Thanks!
Old 07-26-2013, 09:11 PM

you can look on parts tree for a pdf. for your deck, it's a good website for pdf info on parts for your cub cadet (and many others also). As to your question on the large double pulley (drive pulley) being aligned I don't know where you will find specs on the spindle/pulley etc. That being said when you install the belt the belt should run true, and when compared to the deck should also be the same distance between deck and belt throughout the routing. The idler pulley/spring is what normally goes bad, but you may have a different problem.
Old 07-27-2013, 07:21 AM

Clint,

Thanks for posting and I had found all of the parts references (images etc) but I didn't see any .pdf references for service manuals or for that matter an owners manual that would include routing. All I've seen is the deck, the tractor is several miles away and there's an issue with the large double pulley and I was hoping a service manual or operators manual would maybe help in the diagnostics as to what is wrong.

I would think the double pulley should operate "plumb" and this one is not plumb but there's no hint of damage at the deck plate. The pulley is of quite substantial construction and the through bolt is 5/8 so it's quite substantial.

I guess just use a port-a-power to put it back to "plumb" but there's no obvious damage to the deck plate so I was hoping to solve the "what happened to cause" the issue.

The mule drive is of course with the tractor but looking at images of it's construction it's difficult to determine if there were some obvious issue with it that could cause the double pulley damage that seems to be present.

Again thanks for your comment - I guess it's off to the dealer to try and find the information. There's not one real close but it's the next move.
Old 07-27-2013, 10:27 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVZR-1 View Post
I guess just use a port-a-power to put it back to "plumb" but there's no obvious damage to the deck plate so I was hoping to solve the "what happened to cause" the issue.
Bad idea. Figure it out. I don't really know what you mean by "plumb".... it shouldn't be that far off the top of the deck, no. You don't say what deck this machine has. There are two different decks. A 42" and a 44". They are completely different. One is a 2 blade, the other is a 3 blade. We really need more info and some pics of the pulley problem.
Old 07-27-2013, 11:40 PM

J-mech he posted 42" GT deck in the main post (just under his name while reading his post)

I thought the pdf showed the deck belt routing under spindles pulleys but I see that leaves something to be desired. Used to you could download the owners manual from cub cadet, the last couple of times I tried I had no success, maybe someone here can help
Old 07-28-2013, 01:24 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by clint View Post
J-mech he posted 42" GT deck in the main post (just under his name while reading his post)

I thought the pdf showed the deck belt routing under spindles pulleys but I see that leaves something to be desired. Used to you could download the owners manual from cub cadet, the last couple of times I tried I had no success, maybe someone here can help
I missed that..... Sorry, didn't look at the heading close enough.

The parts manual shows the belt routing perfectly.... I still wanna see some pics of the "plumb" pulley. Did the bearings just go out of it???
Old 07-28-2013, 07:39 AM
Grand Member

Pics would be a big help.
Old 07-28-2013, 08:29 AM
Administrator

The correct model number for your deck is: 190-320-100

A parts break down is available for Cub Cadet at: Parts Look Up

The Owner's Manual is available here by typing in the above model number....... Owners Manual

CC Models: 100, 105, 1450, 782, (2) 784, & 2072

Buy: Made in the USA
Old 07-28-2013, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R Bedell View Post
The correct model number for your deck is: 190-320-100

A parts break down is available for Cub Cadet at: Parts Look Up

The Owner's Manual is available here by typing in the above model number....... Owners Manual
Thank you - R Bedell!

I had actually been to that web address before I had inquired to the forum and I had an incorrect serial number. I checked the number myself before I posted it here on the forum but "foolishly" hadn't gone back to do any more research.

I was told there was no noise and bearings were good when I got the first call BUT I'm guessing that both bearings are for sure in need of replacement and there's nothing else needed. I'll know after a hands on. I've only glanced at the deck. The couple times I've been close to it he's had other things on his mind and no time for the deck.

I'd think I'm in good shape now.

Bearings would correct a "plumb" positioning if there were no other damage.

Thanks again
Old 07-28-2013, 08:26 PM

It'd hard to troubleshoot getting info over the phone I have the same problems sometimes. If you could take some pictures and post them of the deck/drive pulley with belt etc so we can see what's going on that would really help.

It's been awhile since I have replaced bearings, however unless the bearings have worn so far it's allowed the spindle to tilt to the side... I'm not sure it is the bearings, you can check by using your hand and spinning the spindles, pushing on them etc