Only Cub Cadets

PLEASE PATRONIZE OUR SPONSORS!

CC Specialties R. F. Houtz and Sons Jeff in Pa.

Cub Cadet Parts & Service

If you would like to help maintain this site & enhance it, feel free to donate whatever amount you would like to!

Attention Folks we have a new owner!
Greg Rozar AKA- CubDieselFan

Go Back   Only Cub Cadets > Cub Cadets > Cub Cadet Lawn Tractor (LT)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2017, 08:33 PM
Grand Member

How much do you lack in clearance?
You could carefully cut the discharge chute with a cutoff wheel and put a couple of simple hinges on top, that way you could flip it up going through the gate.
And you will have not to put your foot down with wifey and just do what is necessary for a wider gate.
Old 05-23-2017, 09:48 PM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ol'George View Post
How much do you lack in clearance?
You could carefully cut the discharge chute with a cutoff wheel and put a couple of simple hinges on top, that way you could flip it up going through the gate.
And you will have not to put your foot down with wifey and just do what is necessary for a wider gate.
True story--dad's dealer lost the sale of a Cadet to a city run cemetery because of the discharge chute--wouldn't fit between the tombstones. Deere made the sale because theirs could be turned up to fit.
124 w/hydraulic lift
782 w/mounted sprayer
2284 w/54" mowing deck
Old 05-24-2017, 06:27 PM

how big is your backyard? Take the deck off, drive thru the gate, and then reinstall the deck Granted you would not want to do that every time you mow but you could use the Cub in the backyard and the Wards in the front yard then youd have reason to hang onto both.... you mow with one tractor, put wifey to work on the other....
as far as location; yikes you're a ways north of me, you're up by Lambs Farm it sounds like.... youre 90-some miles north of me...
I'm off work tomorrow, plan is to try and find Volo, we have wanted to see the Auto museum for a long time... I think that's "up that direction"...
won't have alot of time to lollygag besides visiting the museum as we have 2 dogs......
Old 05-27-2017, 09:48 PM

Volo is about 10min from here - that auto museum is pretty cool and there is an antique mall in there too! You guys will have a fun day,, that whole place is pretty cool!
Old 05-28-2017, 10:23 PM

wellll I saw them on CL today sold "only" as a pair.....
Old 05-29-2017, 03:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodge trucker View Post
wellll I saw them on CL today sold "only" as a pair.....
I'm not in the least surprised.
Old 05-30-2017, 08:26 AM

Thanks again for all the advice on this! I'm not too mechanically skilled (and I need something that I can actually use quick here), so I put em for sale as a pair- but only sold the one.

Now this week I have to decide whether to use the money to repair the other one - or find something different (and get rid of the other one)

It's goofy- I've only had these a few weeks now and never had an issue with the Cub Cadet since I've had them - it's always started and cut well in the front yard- I even started it and drove it yesterday morning because I had to move it- but about an hour or so before the guy was coming to look at it, I went to start it and it wouldn't catch! It would just turn over but wouldn't start! I let him know before he came, but he still wanted to look at it regardless. He tried troubleshooting it for a good hour but still nothing.
I have no clue what happened to it and why it wouldn't start. He still ended up taking it for a lowered price- he said even if he couldn't get it going he could maybe use it for parts for his other Cub.

So I still have the Gilson/Wards - he said it has a really good motor in it- it turns over but there's no spark- he said the points looked good. So now just need to figure out whether it's worth it to fix- or find something different

Thanks again everyone! Hope you all Have a nice day!
Old 05-30-2017, 08:38 AM
Grand Member

The Cub wouldn't start because it was trying to tell you something.
But it's a moot point now, it's gone, prolly best as it went to one who will appreciate it.
Go to a big box store and buy a plastic throwaway thing that fits through the gate and wifey will be happy, and so will you for 5-6 years then you get to do it again.
Sorry,
that is just how it is.
Old 05-30-2017, 10:48 AM
Banned

I'm closing this thread. Only really because it makes my head hurt, and the Cub is sold.

Typical. A more complex and less obvious solution was taken to avoid either work, or just hiring someone who would.
Closed Thread