Only Cub Cadets

PLEASE PATRONIZE OUR SPONSORS!

CC Specialties R. F. Houtz and Sons Jeff in Pa.

Cub Cadet Parts & Service

If you would like to help maintain this site & enhance it, feel free to donate whatever amount you would like to!

Attention Folks we have a new owner!
Greg Rozar AKA- CubDieselFan

Go Back   Only Cub Cadets > Cub Cadets > Implements and Attachments

Notices

Old 04-22-2015, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Mac View Post
One of you Stars owes me a new monitor and keyboard, it hurts when Scotch comes out through your nose.
Also a waste of good scotch
Old 04-22-2015, 07:53 PM
Grand Member

OK, I'll stop clowning around and try to get serious for a minute.

Yes, there were a couple of manufactures who built a "self powered" tiller that would attach to the back of your tractor. I'm sure they made several adapter packages since there are so many different brands of tractors. Admittedly, I don't know a whole lot about these units as I have never owned one, but I believe there were those of them that were top notch!

IH Cub Cadet tillers (1, 1A, & 2) Have a rather complex mounting bracket that attaches to the tractor using 4 of the 7 bolts that hold the rear cover on the trans-axle. The tiller uses 4 arms that hold the tiller to the bracket.

Along with this rather complex mounting bracket, you will also need a 3 point hitch that is designed for your machine, and a tiller lift pin.

Your tractor front PTO supplies power to the 90 degree gear box that comes with your tiller and the gear box directs power to the tiller input pulley.

So yes, a sleeve hitch and u adapter won't run your tiller!

Your minute is up, if you have more questions RTFM and if you still have problems feel free to post.
Old 04-22-2015, 07:59 PM

Thank you. I was getting a headache looking at the manuals and finally searched the forum to find the width and bearings/belts being different. I already know the front PTO pulley from the mule drive (not sure if that's what it's called) comes across the belly of the mower and reaches to the pulley on the tiller. Mounting the tiller is what I was unsure about. So what is a 3pt hitch designed for my machine called? And what do I need to make one. All I have is the sleeve hitch, lift Rod, u bracket that bolts to the rear diff plate and a Brinley adapter with arms. I have found 2 tillers. The seller is in the same boat as I am, he said one has a set of 5 tines, and one has a set of 6 tines. I'm sure someone on here can differentiate which is which. I realized in my search beyond the manuals you all have beaten this type of question to death. I appreciate your help.
Old 04-22-2015, 08:20 PM
Grand Member

First thing, please look here and match up the parts that you have, to the pictures that they look most like. Then start calling these parts by the name they are called in the picture. http://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/showthread.php?t=4

A three point hitch for your machine is called, a 3 point hitch.

Making three point hitches has proved itself to be something of a challenge to some of our most seasoned fabricators, you may consider a simple purchase.
Old 04-22-2015, 08:38 PM

Not much terminology in those pictures. But I have everything in the bottom yellow color picture and the sleeve hitch adapter package picture. My buddy made a 3pt hitch for his 1450 to use his plow. He made a plate bracket covering the rear diff plate and welded on the bottom arms and a lift arm.
Old 04-22-2015, 08:55 PM
Grand Member

Very good, now all you need is a complete tiller package.

I would bet that there are people here who would be willing to sell you a good used tiller for a reasonable price.

Keep in mind that the long drive belt is nearly $100.00 and they are almost always missing.
Old 04-22-2015, 09:03 PM

Dang, that's ricdiculous. Do I need the extensions for my u shape bracket that has the arms on it, so I will be able to operate the tiller up and down? I read that was an issue. The 2 tillers I found are from a guy local to me. I got my snow blade and power angle cylinder from him. He has a tiller and gearbox for around $300.
Old 04-22-2015, 09:13 PM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattH View Post
Dang, that's ricdiculous. Do I need the extensions for my u shape bracket that has the arms on it, so I will be able to operate the tiller up and down? I read that was an issue. The 2 tillers I found are from a guy local to me. I got my snow blade and power angle cylinder from him. He has a tiller and gearbox for around $300.
There you go using words that I don't understand again and where did you read about this "issue"?
Old 04-22-2015, 09:16 PM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattH View Post
Matt

You do NOT need a sleeve hitch adapter to use the tiller.

Here's the parts you need ( Narrow frame parts shown )

click for bigger pic

Starting on the left is the rear lift, then the tiller mount with gear box in the center and the tiller itself on the right.

However, if you want to use the sleeve hitch adapter with the tiller mount in place, you either need extensions for the sleeve hitch adapter or an extended one like what I make to clear the tiller mount.

I purchased a long belt from Napa for under $50 and it's been working great for multiple garden seasons.
Old 04-22-2015, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff in Pa View Post
Matt

You do NOT need a sleeve hitch adapter to use the tiller.

Here's the parts you need ( Narrow frame parts shown )

click for bigger pic

Starting on the left is the rear lift, then the tiller mount with gear box in the center and the tiller itself on the right.

However, if you want to use the sleeve hitch adapter with the tiller mount in place, you either need extensions for the sleeve hitch adapter or an extended one like what I make to clear the tiller mount.

I purchased a long belt from Napa for under $50 and it's been working great for multiple garden seasons.
What's the part # on the Napa belt?