Only Cub Cadets

PLEASE PATRONIZE OUR SPONSORS!

CC Specialties R. F. Houtz and Sons Jeff in Pa.

Cub Cadet Parts & Service

If you would like to help maintain this site & enhance it, feel free to donate whatever amount you would like to!

Attention Folks we have a new owner!
Greg Rozar AKA- CubDieselFan

Go Back   Only Cub Cadets > Events > Cub Cadet Events

Notices

Old 06-05-2011, 11:49 PM

Default Missouri Garden Tractor only plow day July 15-17

Great news for the Missouri 2 Cylinder club! We have our first Garden Tractor only plow day set up to coincide with the Owensville Threshers Show in Rosebud MO. July 15th-17th. The event is hosted at Rosebud Community Park in Rosebud, Mo., on Hwy. 50. AND IS OPEN TO ALL MAKES OF GARDEN TRACTORS! Along with the tractor show, In the past there has been an antique tractor pull, a watermelon eating contest, dancing to live music, and food, food, food all day! The field we will be plowing is right next to the Community Park and is at least 20 acres that is devoted to winter wheat. The club has turned this field over to the garden tractor guys only, and we can plow all weekend if that is what it takes! I was told to plow as much as we can and if we don’t finish, the landowner will finish it up later. I sure hope we get some participation at this event since there will likely be spectators from the nearby show, and because the club has given us a second plow day all to ourselves!
Anyone who wants to plow must be a member of the Missouri 2 Cylinder Club. The dues are only $20 per year and the club carries insurance to cover the landowners for the shows and the plow days. There other benefits as well so I encourage anyone who wants to attend this plow day, as well as our fall plow day in historic Marthasville Mo. To join the club. If you are not currently a member and would like to attend, please e-mail me your name and address and I will send you the application to join the club. If that doesn’t work just e-mail me your phone number and I will call you and work out the details with you, or I can e-mail you the application. Many of you have expressed interest in the past for a Missouri Garden tractor plow day, well we now have two! So shine up those plows boys! Get those tractors fit and ready! Because we will be rolling dirt in 41 days! Adam
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1501.JPG (65.8 KB, 171 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1503.JPG (66.1 KB, 172 views)
Old 06-06-2011, 07:11 AM

Thanks, Adam. I was getting ready to post this here, but you beat me to it.

As Adam says, this is open to all brands. The club already has two Cub Cadet owners as members who have been participating in club events. I hope to see more Cub owners at the plow day. See you there.
Old 06-08-2011, 11:26 PM

Isn't there any Cub guys out there who want to plow??? Like I said this is open to all brands of Garden Tractors and I would love to plow with some of you. There are a few Cub guys going to be there but I would love to see more. Adam
I hate to think that any of you are scarred to plow with my Deere?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2011-04-09 16.14.11.jpg (43.6 KB, 142 views)
Old 06-09-2011, 07:05 AM

Adam,
I think there are several Cub guys in Missouri, but the Cubbers here aren't as closely knit together as in other areas. Most of the ones here in Missouri, that I know, aren't as into plowing as collecting Cub Cadets. I do know of one guy from Rolla, username Cadetfarmer, who, if he sees this thread, would probably be there as he plows his own garden. And I think Al and Matt from the 2 Cylinder Club probably will be there.

Hopefully others will show up ready to plow.
Old 06-09-2011, 08:05 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AV430 View Post
Isn't there any Cub guys out there who want to plow??? Like I said this is open to all brands of Garden Tractors and I would love to plow with some of you. There are a few Cub guys going to be there but I would love to see more. Adam
I hate to think that any of you are scarred to plow with my Deere?
Adam Terry has brought up some good points. I would like to add take pictures and do a good follow up report on your plow day. Use this plow day to build up to next years plow day. It will grow you just got to keep plowing away at it! (pun intended!)
Old 06-09-2011, 10:41 AM
Grand Member

Wish we were closer! Right Duke?

My Grandpa's Cart
Craftsman Lawn Sweeper
Craftsman Plug Aerator
Old 06-09-2011, 11:17 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACecil View Post
Wish we were closer! Right Duke?
That's right!
Old 06-09-2011, 08:14 PM

Methos, that is good advice. We will continue to promote our plow days and hopefully build enthusiasm. We will definitely take plenty of pictures, and will share with you guys. As far as our next plow day after this one, it will be in Oct. of this year. so if any of you can't make this one, try for the fall plow day. I just love all the older quality garden tractors and would love to see the head to head performance of a plow day. Adam
Old 06-09-2011, 10:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AV430 View Post
Methos, that is good advice. We will continue to promote our plow days and hopefully build enthusiasm. We will definitely take plenty of pictures, and will share with you guys. As far as our next plow day after this one, it will be in Oct. of this year. so if any of you can't make this one, try for the fall plow day. I just love all the older quality garden tractors and would love to see the head to head performance of a plow day. Adam
Adam once you get the date set for the fall plow day make a new thread. Vince_o started the red neck plow day with 8 tractors! March 19th was the 5th PD and he had 49 tractors with 47 of them plowing dirt! Besides being a great person he's on heck of a host and he makes it fun! Our little NC plow day we had 14 tractors and I hope for the 2nd one we can get 20-24 tractors. Go to other PD and promote your PD. Once you get PD fever you try and make as many as you can. Contact your local paper and see if they will put it in there events section of the paper. Take pictures and have someone do a write up and submit that as well. Have signs out the week before hand so people driving by can plan to come see what's going on. Plow days are great family fun and the kids love watching the tractors plowing away. Doing so will help you grow more local interest and new memebers to your club. Last year when I got my 122 with loader I got a plow because I could plow with it. Now I've got a my 7 year old son set up to plow. As you already know GT people are pretty good people to be around and people will see how much fun you all are having and will want to join in on the fun.
Old 06-12-2011, 10:53 PM

Well the Herman Mo show went great! On the way over I took some pics of the field we will be plowing in Rosebud next month. Looks interesting, the field isn't just a rectangle. Right now it has wheat growing but it will be harvested before our plow day. Here it is.

Here is the Goggle image. When you are driving out west on Hwy 50, once you get to Rosebud turn left on Park Street. The show is in the park fair grounds and the field is right down the hill on the gravel road. Adam
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1525.JPG (59.6 KB, 130 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1526.JPG (64.5 KB, 130 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1527.JPG (55.0 KB, 129 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1538.JPG (60.9 KB, 130 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1537.JPG (48.8 KB, 129 views)
File Type: jpg GoogleEarth_Image.jpg (61.4 KB, 129 views)